Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really want to find an alternative to the real rocks that are provided in the box. I'm too worried about them scratching the tiles and, maybe I'm a little on the obsessive compulsive side, but there is just something about touching dirty stones and then handling game components that just doesn't seem appropriate.....

"Now wash your hands"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Goose
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How's about those flat glass beads, about 1cm diameter, that were so popular a couple of years ago?

Played Mesopotamia in Essen last year and thought it was really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Glass (or plastic) beads should work well.
Used in various games (CCGs players use them as "counters", whatever they've to count in their particular game ), there are several colours available and they're cheap (two euros to buy about 20 of them in my FLGS).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also replaced the stones with transparent glass beads. You can easily get these (www.spielmaterial.de).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon T
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well they are just dusty really. Water and a strainer solves that problem. And clearly when you store them, keep them in a new ziplock and toss the original one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bee
United States
Marin County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The stones are awesome!

Now if only Settlers had included actual pieces of wheat, brick, wood, stone, and wool...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.