Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like some explanation of the visitor actions. First of all I assume that only one person can use this action per round, is this correct?

Now for what all the visitors do;

High priest - can you use both actions?

Jeweller - swap 3 gold for a jewel or the other way around, players choice

Mercenary - two gold for an adventurer

Slaver - kill a citizen for two gold

Saboteur - trade a valour cube for a threat cube. Does this have to be your own valour cube, or anybody's? Where does the threat cube go, can this threat be removed in any way?

Trainer - two gold for a hero bonus

Bards tale - trade a threat for a valor. Where does the threat come from?

Bazaar - trade a card for a gold or 3 different cards for an elite card

Caravan - get some equipment. Is this free if activated, is the equipment revealed as soon as the visitor card is revealed, if the caravan leaves is the equipment still available?

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 wrote:
Visitors
This is a one-time action that is opened at the beginning of each turn and may be performed by one of the players. This counts as a general action, and requires putting a Guild token on it.

So for timing it follows the normal placement and activation rules.

I can't search now but it was answered only one of multiple actions can be done, which is implied by being described as a one-time action. I see the ambiguity but the designer did answer this and it makes sense thematically: the visitor may be able to do many things, but not all at once.

They would be your own resources like any other general action.

I would say with the saboteur you would get the threat token as a representation that people found out what you did and feel threatened by you.

The bard is the inverse and can take any threat as the subject of his song. "That dungeon ain't so bad, la la la...". Otherwise he would only be useful to someone who had used the saboteur, which limits his use dramatically. And yes, that includes other players. I'm thinking there may be coming ways for players to give themselves or others threat tokens directly. Heck, maybe that's an answer to 'I can't pay valor when fleeing'.

The visitors section in the rules took me 15 minutes of very deliberate reading to find, buried as it is. I think I'll like this game a lot, but the rules need an index.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lattanzia
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:

I can't search now but it was answered only one of multiple actions can be done, which is implied by being described as a one-time action. I see the ambiguity but the designer did answer this and it makes sense thematically: the visitor may be able to do many things, but not all at once.

Sounds like we need more clarification on this... because that's now how I read it. I read it that you could do each action once.

Quote:
Keirat wrote:
Visitor cards with options:
A visitor cards may have several options. If I put my guild token to it, can I just use one of those options, all options once or all options as often as I want?

Once. all options are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at the visitor cards in question and I'm going to agree you can do any or all, but each one once. There are only two in question and they don't seem over powerful to allow both options. I don't think it's game changing either way.

Of course, now I think the slaver requires a citizen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
I'm looking at the visitor cards in question and I'm going to agree you can do any or all, but each one once. There are only two in question and they don't seem over powerful to allow both options. I don't think it's game changing either way.

Of course, now I think the slaver requires a citizen.

You are spot on.

The rules are pretty clear here and you will find more remedy in our upcoming tutorial videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So could yo clarify how to use the sabatour, bards tale and caravan please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy 'Peachy' Devery
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those first two are strange, mostly because I haven't noticed a time where players can just have threat. I've surmised that the threat is coming from the player's Private Dungeon, and can be converted to Valor by the Bard, or Valor can be turned into extra threat at your Private Dungeon with the Saboteur.

Caravan I assumed was just drop a shield on it and get an equipment card during Activation phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blossercubbles wrote:
Those first two are strange, mostly because I haven't noticed a time where players can just have threat. I've surmised that the threat is coming from the player's Private Dungeon, and can be converted to Valor by the Bard, or Valor can be turned into extra threat at your Private Dungeon with the Saboteur.

Caravan I assumed was just drop a shield on it and get an equipment card during Activation phase.

You are right about the first two, they are used to manipulate Threat and Valor.

The Caravan is just a new place for a random Item that you can buy from a neutral owner ( gold will go to the "bank" rather than to its owner).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
There still no clarification about this. I don't know if the answers were already posted somewhere else or it's clearly I who don't get the signs.

There is no explanation on each visitor card and though some are easy to understand, there are others that need deeper clarification.
For example:

Saboteur
The symbols clearly stated that you can change valor into threat cube.
The question is, which one? Your own valor or other players? And once changed into threat, where it's placed?

Bard's Tale
This has the opposite effect of Saboteur. You can change threat into valor. Threat in the board? Change into valor and claim it? What if the valor cube run out, this visitor has no effect?

Jeweler
Convert 3 gold into crystal or vice versa. The question is can you do this with more than one conversion? e.g change 6 golds into 2 crystal?

The high priest and the bazaar have 2 abilities each, is it a choice or you can do both?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elad Goldsteen
Israel
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
There still no clarification about this. I don't know if the answers were already posted somewhere else or it's clearly I who don't get the signs.

There is no explanation on each visitor card and though some are easy to understand, there are others that need deeper clarification.
For example:

Saboteur
The symbols clearly stated that you can change valor into threat cube.
The question is, which one? Your own valor or other players? And once changed into threat, where it's placed?

Bard's Tale
This has the opposite effect of Saboteur. You can change threat into valor. Threat in the board? Change into valor and claim it? What if the valor cube run out, this visitor has no effect?

Jeweler
Convert 3 gold into crystal or vice versa. The question is can you do this with more than one conversion? e.g change 6 golds into 2 crystal?

The high priest and the bazaar have 2 abilities each, is it a choice or you can do both?

Thanks.

It is simple symbols and straight forward.
The bard can manipulate an "owned " Threat (in your private dungeon).
Saboteur takes an owned Valor cubes and can turn it to Threat and place in your private dungeon.
Cubes (besides Wounds) are restricted for a reason and if you do not have any left in the "bank" than you can take new ones till it will be refreshed.
Visitors are single one time action - so no repeated actions may be played.
Visitors are the only random factor in the game that will change each game from another by the order of appearance and how they will affect (or not) the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.