Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just out of interest here are a couple of screenshots of LotR tADg being played on my iPad. LotR tADg is an interesting PnP solitaire game so having this available to play anytime is great.

I used "CardWarden" which is a great app for playing card based games on iPads. See this [thread=932496]CardWarden thread[/thread] (under LOTR Card Game). It was time consuming to import all the cards etc but the benefit of converting a PnP game is that you don't have to scan in the card images. I also had to create cards for the life points and witch tracks. I incorporated the time track into the play area image and created a pointer card to track time. This was better than just using a counter as you need to differentiate between Sun and Moon spaces.

Just to be clear, this conversion is purely for my personal use. The CardWarden app does not provide a file transfer option.

This is a general view of the game layout

This view shows the Equipment Cards stored in one of the pull out drawers which overlay the playing surface.

I have also converted Peloponnes and PAX from IronGames and Alexander the Card Game which is another PnP solitaire game.

CardWarden is a great app for this sort of card game conversion - you just need a bit of patience and creative thinking to implement some game mechanics.

Cheers
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also own Cardwarden, and I am barely scratching its potential.

Thanks for sharing.
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike A
msg tools
badge
Greetings Chris.

Wow! As the developer of the CardWarden I am always amazed at the different ways people are using the app. That is absolutely fantastic!
I've also seen your Peloponnes screen shots as well and am very impressed.

I'm looking forward to what you can come up with next.
Keep it up!

Sincerely,
Mike Azzara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikim wrote:
I also own Cardwarden, and I am barely scratching its potential.

Thanks for sharing.
Mike

Hi Michele,

I'd seen your game but hadn't got round to doing the PnP bit. When I found the CardWarden app I did a couple of conversions on other games by scanning cards etc. Then I suddenly realised that PnP solitaire games were ideal as they bypass the need to scan.

I have to say that the artwork on your cards is excellent and I'm delighted with the results in CardWarden - the game plays well and is fun as well!

Cheers
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dorrell
England
Darwen
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imakegames wrote:
Greetings Chris.

Wow! As the developer of the CardWarden I am always amazed at the different ways people are using the app. That is absolutely fantastic!
I've also seen your Peloponnes screen shots as well and am very impressed.

I'm looking forward to what you can come up with next.
Keep it up!

Sincerely,
Mike Azzara

Hi Mike,

As you can tell, I'm getting good value from your app! It really is a boon and works particularly well on PnP card games as I mention above.

I hope you'll continue to develop the app as I think it deserves to be enhanced. I've seen mention of providing full rotation of cards which I think would be very useful. Also while I have your attention

- sizing of individual decks to small, medium and large.
- counter or cube objects to place on cards
- visual confirmation that a deck has been shuffled
- delete option in deck builder

I think it would be really useful if you were to create a Geeklist to capture conversions using CardWarden. It would act as a focal point. Just a thought. I'd be happy to discuss ideas via GeekMail if you wish - as an IT guy myself I appreciate the effort you've put into this.

Anyway - great app and keep up the good work!
Cheers
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Neat.

Nate...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.