10 Posts

Krosmaster: Arena» Forums » General

Subject: Post Kickstarter availability and MSRP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Carpenter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious what/how things will be available after kickstarter.

1) My biggest question. Will the resin terrain and token sets be available for purchase? How much will they be? I heard that they are given out as prizes for tournaments in Europe, will this happen in the US too?

2) There are three "expanions" of four figures being released, will there then be blind boxes also? (Do the blind buy packages include figures in the expansions?) MSRP on the expansions is $28? What about blind boxes?

3) What is 100% kickstarter exclusive? (Never sold/given out/etc...) What is never going to be released for purchase? (Never sold in stores, maybe sold at conventions or given out as prizes)

As much as I'd love to back at the $500 level, it's just not possible. I'm trying to figure out what I have to back now vs. what I can buy later.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven riola

joliet
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The resin terrain and tokens are for the campaign and were tournament prizes. From what I understand you'd win a single token not the token pack. If I'm correct they said if they have remaining they may make it to conventions and tournaments but I don't think they're being produced again.

In terms of game play, the promos figures are what will seemingly be the hardest to get. The American version will not feature blind boxes. (thankfully). Characters such as Nox, Goultard, Ruel Stroud also seem to be or were tournament prizes. I know Ankama has kind of painted JAG into a corner about the amount they'll release.

The Kama coins also seem to be a kickstarter benefit, though may be sold at conventions later.

There are more than 3 expansions. Those are the first of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anderson
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Two Time Cancer Survivor - Never Give Up. Never Surrender. -Jason Nesmith from Galaxy Quest (1999 movie)
badge
Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
mbmbmbmbmb

I believe there will be 8 expansions of 4 non-blind characters each. 3 expansion will release when the Kickstarter ends and the other 5 will come out throughout the rest of the year. At the $500.00 level you would get everything as soon as the Kickstarter comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
I dont think there is anything 100% exclusive to the kickstarter and here is why. The game I designed by Ankama and distributed in France/Europe by Abysse Corp.

All previous promo content that was once available in France, is on this kickstarter, and I don't think it would be fair that JAG would get exclusive content that won't be available outside of the US.

Many items are quite rares in Europe, and It would not be a good thing that you can buy them in US Retail store, but only win them in Hard tournaments in France.

In Europe, less then 5 XXL are already won, for the 1st place of very specific tournaments.

I don't think any promo resin fig set has reached local stores yet, but they should not be won 1 by 1 but in small groups :
It could be like : 3 tofus, Pair of bombs, tiny bag of kamas, ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plat Playas

Maryland
msg tools
Nox XXL is the only one that is KS exclusive. there are alot of rare items that will require alot of work to get in europe, probably for rest of the world too after KS. I think the promo characters and token will probably the hardest to get. After kickstarter, it is anyone's guess on how to get one. Tourney, convention and ebay is probably your best bet, so you can think of them as KS exclusive.

if $500 is not possible, $300 is very good too. you will get all the promo characters(except for Ruel and Argon Gass, but I think they will hit the stretch goals for those 2 models), and you will get a set of token and terrain. then you can just get the expansions later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The token sets will be available as convention specials and prizes,
but not as regular retail items.

2. There will not be blind boxes in the English edition. That is correct,
MSRP is $28.00.

3. The only thing that could be considered 100% exclusive to Kickstarter
would be the NOX XXL figure as we are offering up all 200 of them
through Kickstarter. There are 200 of each XXL figure being made, and
100 of one and 150 of the other will be released in Europe. The only
items that will be sold through regular retail channels will be the
base game and the expansions. The tokens and promos will be available as convention prizes and the like, but the Kickstarter will be
the best value and easiest way to get all items together at one time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Can I ask why the resin tokens & terrain items are not going to be released as a boxed set? It seems like a bizarre choice given the number of people that want them (there's obviously a massive market). Could you not just create a special character for prizes & conventions?

Word of mouth and photo sharing by the fans is a massive part of promoting a game. I really don't understand why the publishers wouldn't want every single photo of this game to look it's absolute best with resin terrain and tokens instead of cardboard everywhere. Let's be honest, a lot of the attractiveness of this game is in the way it looks.

To that end, making the resin features available to everyone (rather than just those who can afford a massive Kickstarter pledge) seems like an obvious move to help promote the game even further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
In the original version the resin tokens were made only as tournament prizes. I think it will be the same with JAG after the kickstarter.

Of course we all want to buy them, but there should also be exclusive tournament content, or else there will no be a real goal to play in competitions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
steviebwoy wrote:
(there's obviously a massive market)

It strikes me that it is quite a small market.

Expansions always sell less than the base game, and this is just an upgrade of components. It is a bit of a gamble to mass produce and package painted trees and boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Oliver
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hm, maybe they could add a piece of terrain to the expansion packs, or something?

To counter the "tournament prize" argument, could they not just offer a XXL figure instead of terrain/tokens? Very few will be able to complete the set outside of KS at the moment, which I think is a real shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.