Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My group and me played Batman for the first time yesterday. Although the rules are short, we need some clarification about abilities, wher some questions came up:

1. The ability of Two-Face with his pistol - Does this +1 apply when attacking and defending or just when defending?

2. The ability of the Penguin with his new henchmen - does the extra henchman (little penguin) also count towards the tie-breaker when the number of recruited henchmen are counted? because it says "all game purposes except leveling". one player thought this could be to strong if it did

3. The ability of the penguin with his umbrella - can he escape when batman is attacking him, too? one player thought this was to strong, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the two-face card in front of me so I can't answer that

But no, the extra henchman does not count towards the tie-breaker. this was answered by the designer of the game on bgg.

yes he can escape. yes it's very powerful. but he looses benefits of attacking and I believe one of his other cards is for attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
www.BoardgameMonkeys.com
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks.

anyone have an answer about question 1)

the card says that Twoface gets +1 in battles when he is in a block which he occupies. Occupy is not ruling I would say and that it counts for attacks and defense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah he gets +1 on attack or defense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel BA
Brazil
flag msg tools
1. In my opinion, the ability of Two-Face with his pistol will only be applied during a defending because he must occupies the block. If he is attacking, he doesn't occupies the blck until he wins the fight. Do you agree?

2. If the designer said, ok!

3. When Penguin uses his Umbrella to escape, he can go to any other block, right? Even if the block is occupied by other Villain's henchmen, sending them back to the hideout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.