Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to edit your own GeekList to turn comments off, but still be able to add comments to items yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it would work to me.

Go under edit header, make comments allowed, post whatever comments you want and then edit the header again to disallow comments.

You risk someone posting a comment while you're doing this, so might want to do it during a slow time.

What you could do is write out the comment before hand and copy it so that you can quick paste it than edit the header to disallow comments real fast and sneaky like.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
jbbrwcky wrote:
Is it possible to edit your own GeekList to turn comments off, but still be able to add comments to items yourself?

No, comments off means for everyone including the creator.

But TR's solution will work fine though may be slightly laborious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that could work. I was hoping it would be more user friendly than that by allowing the owner to add comments regardless of the comments setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Coates
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
jbbrwcky wrote:

No, comments off means for everyone including the creator.

But TR's solution will work fine though may be slightly laborious.

Ah, well darn

Thx for the answer though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.