Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Smith
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both the Winning Moves edition and the Parker Brothers edition have the same blurb for playing Flinch solitaire:

Quote:
Use four series of cards from 1 to 15. Shuffle them and lay down 4 cards in a row face up. If there are any 1's place them in a separate row well above the first row. Using the remainder of the pack, turn up one card at a time and build up on the 1's and down on the other piles. If a card cannot be played in either row, place it face up and begin a stock pile. Play from the stock pile whenever possible. Likewise, play from the piles in the lower row to the piles in the upper row whenever possible. You may move one of the piles in the lower row onto another pile in the lower row if the sequence is right. When this is done, take the next card from the pack and start a new pile. Play only from the top of the stock pile and go through the pack only once. If you get all the cards onto the 1 piles you win. A player should be able to win once in seven times.

A couple questions I have about this:

- On the initial setup, I am to move any 1's to a separate row. Do I refill the left over gaps from the stockpile? (if the initial deal has two 1's in it, and I move those to the separate row, do I fill those and now have 4 + 2 = 6 piles, or do I not fill them and have 2 + 2 = 4 piles?)

- While playing, if I work a pile down to 1, do I move this up to the 1's row? (I'd guess yes). And if so, do I continue playing on it, now upwards (again, I think yes).

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.