Popular Tags: [View All]
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Force push: target creature is pushed one zone in the direction of your choice.

Does the target have to be moved to an adjacent zone, or can it be pushed into an arena wall in the same zone?

Can a mage have two of the same ring on, as long as it is not legendary or epic?

If bull endurance is removed later in the game does the target lose +4 life?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hunt
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A few questions
Caveat - I don't have my codex or cards in front of me.

If I remember correctly, the Force Push card should let you know if you can bash a target into a wall. I think it costs an extra 3 mana to take advantage of that ability. As far as the two rings go, I can't remember. I *think* you would be ok, but I don't know for certain.

For the enchangment question, if you get it dispelled or removed, then you loose that attribute that it gave you. +4 life in this instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The extra cost you reference is only to push creatures through walls with a passage attacks trait. You can use Force Push to bash without any added mana cost.

Also, you may not have the same two rings equipped. Please see page 20 of the rules under Equipment, near the bottom of the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. From the Codex, under "Bash": When a creature is Pushed into a wall with the Passage Blocked trait it is bashed. It receives an Unavoidable attack of 3 attack dice of damage. The walls around the arena have the Passage Blocked trait.

2. Under Equipment in the rulebook: "You may not have more than one equipment spell with the same name attached to your Mage at any time." Also, you can only have 1 instance of any spell attached to a Mage/creature (can't have 2 Nullify enchantments attached, for example).

3. Yes, the creature that loses Bull Endurance will lose the +4 Life. Note, this is lowering the target's TOTAL LIFE, not adding damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracker1 wrote:
Force push

Does the target have to be moved to an adjacent zone, or can it be pushed into an arena wall in the same zone?

Still not sure on this one. The card says to push the target to a zone. The arena wall is not a zone and there is no zone beyond it. So, I'm a bit confused. I would think I could not select the arena wall since it is not the direction of a zone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturnineage wrote:

2. Under Equipment in the rulebook: "You may not have more than one equipment spell with the same name attached to your Mage at any time." Also, you can only have 1 instance of any spell attached to a Mage/creature (can't have 2 Nullify enchantments attached, for example).

Does this mean that the forcemaster can only have one dancing scimitar in play at a time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can force push creatures into the arena walls. (answered in my first post)

I'll clarify with Bryan about the Scimitar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The official word from the creator of Mage Wars is that you can only have one attached same named spell to an object/creature.

So, only one Dancing Scimitar per Mage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
how about same effects from different cards? Like +2 regen from the belt and +2 regen from the regrowth card for +4 regen. Is there a reference to this in the rules/ faq?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
how about same effects from different cards? Like +2 regen from the belt and +2 regen from the regrowth card for +4 regen. Is there a reference to this in the rules/ faq?

The codex says that they do not stack in the upkeep phase. Use the one that gives you the most benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tracker1 wrote:
Lowecore wrote:

The codex says that they do not stack in the upkeep phase. Use the one that gives you the most benefit.

It's important to note that the ability is not Regeneration +2, it's Regeneration 2. The presence or absence of that plus sign is what determines whether things stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
manydills wrote:
Tracker1 wrote:
Lowecore wrote:

It's important to note that the ability is not Regeneration +2, it's Regeneration 2. The presence or absence of that plus sign is what determines whether things stack.

Excellent clarification. My friend and I were discussing why rgen wouldnt stack but armor and channeling items do. Thanks, that was a great catch!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.