Tiago Perretto
Brazil
Curitiba
Parana
flag msg tools
Thinking about my next move.
badge
So, if my only options are these, then I shall...
mbmbmbmbmb
And about replayability? Is it high?

Considering the game revolves around a (third) part of the books/films.

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Saucier
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
http://kastorskorner.com
badge
Pop Culture Renaissance
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so. I mean, deck-builders guarantee some level of randomization just due to the game design itself, but they give you more archenemies than you need for a game (so their slightly varied each time), plus the "impossible" enemies if you're a glutton for punishment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagoVIP wrote:

Regards,

It doesn't matter at all. If you think about it, they essentially give you the same number of cards as DC. It is likely that if they made it based on the trilogy instead, the card count would still be the same but with other characters and objects instead.
Valeu Brazuca?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagoVIP wrote:

Regards,

I've played a couple of times and am looking forward to getting it to the table again.
I think the replayability will be high - simply because we only got through about a third of the deck each time. New cards just keep popping up.

Also, I suspect the game would play very differently if 'the path' is full of, say, enemies, in the first few rounds. This dynamism of different cards available, each play, should give it some legs.

Overall I agree with the OP. A very streamlined game that's quick to set up (a bonus), easy to play, but with a lot of depth and fun factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it loads of times (for a game I've only owned for a few weeks), and I am looking forward to playing it again tonight. However, I am looking forward to the Two Towers coming out in the summer, for a few fresh cards. Although that may reduce the frequency of Moria Orcs (or goblins, or whatever they are) coming up. Having 3 of those in your hand (plus 12 power) is wonderful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.