3 Posts

Dust Warfare: Core Rulebook» Forums » General

Subject: Out of Unit Leader Command Range rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
S. R.
Germany
flag msg tools
Hey, just a question on Unit Leader Command Range.

Rules clearly say that no unit can end his movement further away from its leader than 6 inches. The end of its movement is has to be within that range. Then during activation phase units not within the range must take the nearest line and move towards the leader. BUT, if its not allowed to end your movement further away, then how is it possible that I end up with a unit not being within the range before activation phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ra1d wrote:
Hey, just a question on Unit Leader Command Range.

Rules clearly say that no unit can end his movement further away from its leader than 6 inches. The end of its movement is has to be within that range. Then during activation phase units not within the range must take the nearest line and move towards the leader. BUT, if its not allowed to end your movement further away, then how is it possible that I end up with a unit not being within the range before activation phase?

There are a couple ways I can think of off the top of my head.

1) If your unit leader gets eliminated, you need to choose a new one, and that new one might be more than 6 inches away.

2) If a vehicle overruns your unit, you have to move the miniatures the shortest distance so that they are 1 inch away from the vehicle. This could cause them to be over 6 inches away as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Stockton
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
It is possible that your unit leader might get killed while the rest of your unit remains behind by being the only target in the unit available to the attacker due to the others being totally obscured. You'd then have to pick another unit leader from the remaining models and could have some be more than 6" away from the new unit leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.