Popular Tags: [View All]
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Legend 2 with the understanding that after setup, you do a Sunrise sequence; draw an event, the monsters all move, and the legend marker moves. But it seems nearly impossible to win with three monsters already bearing down on the castle and the legend track already on B before your heroes even start to do anything.

I have a vague recollection of reading something about skipping the Sunrise sequence on the first turn, either in the game or on a forum thread here, but I may be remembering that wrong, or it may just be wishful thinking. Regardless, I can't find that reference anywhere now. Nonetheless, I did come close to winning one of the times, so it may indeed be that's the case (that you should do a Sunrise sequence on the first turn).

Can somebody please clarify... On the first turn of the normal game (Legend 2 and beyond), do you do a Sunrise sequence before your heroes take their first turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: First turn... Sunrise or not?
I don't believe you do. Is that listed on a card or in the rules somewhere?

In Legend 1 you do the whole first day before the first Sunrise Box run. I presume it's the same for all of the others...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
I don't believe you do. Is that listed on a card or in the rules somewhere?

In Legend 1 you do the whole first day before the first Sunrise Box run. I presume it's the same for all of the others...

I suppose, but I presumed that once they showed you the Sunrise sequence, then that's the standard for the start of each turn. If that's not meant to be used every turn (i.e., the first turn), that should be mentioned somewhere.

That's the screwy thing about the rules being taught to you the way they are, without a consistent reference point...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Found the answer in this FAQ: http://legenden-von-andor.de/en/faq/generelle-fragen/

Quote:
! Q: When does a new legend start after the last “A“ card was read (i.e. A1, A2 etc.)? By sunrise or with the action of the first hero?

A: After all „A“ cards have been read the legend starts with the first action of the hero whose time marker is in the rooster space. After all heroes have spent their hours and all time markers are placed in the sunrise box all symbols on the sunrise box are executed in the order shown.

Nice. So that should definitely make things a little easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Amenta

Idaho Falls
Idaho
msg tools
mb
Grudunza wrote:
Found the answer in this FAQ: http://legenden-von-andor.de/en/faq/generelle-fragen/

Quote:
! Q: When does a new legend start after the last “A“ card was read (i.e. A1, A2 etc.)? By sunrise or with the action of the first hero?

A: After all „A“ cards have been read the legend starts with the first action of the hero whose time marker is in the rooster space. After all heroes have spent their hours and all time markers are placed in the sunrise box all symbols on the sunrise box are executed in the order shown.

Nice. So that should definitely make things a little easier.

I first thought the same too. But the B2 card explicitly says in BOLD "The hero located in the castle begins the new day." Which to me clearly means that the B cards must be pulled after the A cards are done. But nowhere in the Quick-Start guide, or in the cards or extra rules does it state that you just "pull" the B cards when you're done with A. In fact, it looks much more likely that you just continue with the Quick-Start steps. Thus the only way the B cards can be pulled is to follow step 8. i.e. continue with the Quick-Start steps - as it is the only way the legend marker can advance is if you do step 8. i.e. resolve the Sunrise BOX.

In addition, if you read the text carefully in the FAQ, the 2nd sentence is ambiguous - i.e. there is no SUBJECT really to the second sentence. So I concluded the FAQ is referring to the first turn i.e. you do step 8 listed in the Quick-Start Rules - and the hero in the CASTLE as listed on B2 begins the new day. The FAQ does not state explicitly that you simply pull the B cards without a Sunrise Resolve (or it really needs further clarification IMHO).

Finally - if you take a look at the BLUE BOX (bottom right-hand corner) in step 8 of the Quick-Step rules you will see this text in bold "The Second part of the introductory legend begins now!"

So I agree, it makes the first legend harder to beat but not impossible however.

My two cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Darlington
msg tools
designer
mb
Yeah, this is really ambiguous for repeating legend 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.