Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
My regular Thursday night gaming crew decided we'd try four-player GoW, using the "China Shop" mission. I explained the rules, then set up the map. (Did I miss something or is there no explanatory text to tell you what the mission is about before you start. Other than the stuff in the back of the rulebook). Anyway, things looked daunting right off the bat, but a couple of quick moves (and Follows) got us moving through the level, and an early grenade from Fenix cleared out a bunch of Wretches.

The team lines up! Making early progress - things are looking good. (Note the use of Earth Reborn figures to help us tell the COG figures apart)

We continued to the end of the level, destroying all Locusts in our path. Then we lured the Berserker to us.

The Berserker - right where we want him! (almost)

We then unlocked the second Stage and our evening took a turn for the worse. After populating the tiles with massive amounts of monsters we each took a turn and made some forward progress. We grabbed cover spots and did some attacking, but the dice didn't help out and we only managed to wound a few.

Things heating up in Stage 2. The COG's are getting nervous

A turn or two after the picture above we were all bleeding out. The chain of events started with a couple of extra wretches spawning because of their Omen ability. Then we drew the infamous A.I. Card Number 5 - "Firefight" which brought on our nightmare. It causes ALL enemies on the board to move and attack, which was not good for us. We were basically surrounded on all sides and we got quickly swarmed. The Drones dropped a couple of us, the Wretches one more, and then the Berserker cut a path of destruction that finished us off. We didn't even make it half-way through the second stage. Ouch.

The Berserker seems to be gloating over our dead bodies

So even though we got royally smacked down we all still had a great time and were excited to play again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mekane wrote:
My regular Thursday night gaming crew decided we'd try four-player GoW, using the "China Shop" mission. I explained the rules, then set up the map. (Did I miss something or is there no explanatory text to tell you what the mission is about before you start. Other than the stuff in the back of the rulebook). Anyway, things looked daunting right off the bat, but a couple of quick moves (and Follows) got us moving through the level, and an early grenade from Fenix cleared out a bunch of Wretches.

We continued to the end of the level, destroying all Locusts in our path. Then we lured the Berserker to us.

We then unlocked the second Stage and our evening took a turn for the worse. After populating the tiles with massive amounts of monsters we each took a turn and made some forward progress. We grabbed cover spots and did some attacking, but the dice didn't help out and we only managed to wound a few.

A turn or two after the picture above we were all bleeding out. The chain of events started with a couple of extra wretches spawning because of their Omen ability. Then we drew the infamous A.I. Card Number 5 - "Firefight" which brought on our nightmare. It causes ALL enemies on the board to move and attack, which was not good for us. We were basically surrounded on all sides and we got quickly swarmed. The Drones dropped a couple of us, the Wretches one more, and then the Berserker cut a path of destruction that finished us off. We didn't even make it half-way through the second stage. Ouch.

So even though we got royally smacked down we all still had a great time and were excited to play again!

Reminds me of the Video Game on the hardest setting.
Oh how many times did I see that Red Screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schafer
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've ever even made it to the second set of tiles in that mission. We keep China Shop in our back pocket for when we're feeling too good about ourselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey now, the 'serker is a her. Can't you just tell by the way she acts devil ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.