Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randy Lek
Netherlands
The Hague
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Simple question, are Space Marines equipped with heavy weapons capable of performing hand-to-hand combat?

See, the rulebook says:
Each player rolls the combat dice shown for the miniature's hand-to-hand combat ability. This information is shown on the Reference Card fot the Marine player, and etc.

Alright, so I take a look on the reference card, but unfortunately I can interpret it two ways.

On the bottom it states that hand-to-hand combat is done with 2 white dice, but does this mean I can only perform h-to-h when a marine is equipped with a bolter, or when it's equipped with any of the weapons mentioned above?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ross
United Kingdom
Bradford/Leeds
W.Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello! I didn't see a reply but if there is one I suppose you can ignore this post.

I always played that heavy weapons could fight in hand to hand combat, the game would be very limited if you couldn't I suppose!

The 2 light coloured dice are just what they roll in hand to hand, while rolling red in firing. Bolter men roll 2 white in both firing and hand to hand - they're like 'light infantry' really.

Glad to see people still playing this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Page
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, any piece can fight in hand-to-hand combat.

Whether you would ever want to attack in hand-to-hand using a marine with a heavy weapon is another question though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lek
Netherlands
The Hague
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for answering!
(And apologies for the late reaction).
However, with no reference to the rulebook (or some other valid means) I’m afraid I won’t convince my mates entirely with it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The advantage bolter-armed marines have is that they can be equipped with bolter blades (like bayonets) which increase their h-t-h ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Lek
Netherlands
The Hague
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Matchstickman wrote:
Yes, the player aids for the main game were poorly set out, fortunately the player aid in the first expansion (Mission Dreadnought) was clearer. I can't find a copy of that card here on the geek so I'll try getting my old, old scanner to work. In the meantime you can point out to your friends

Page 14 of the Space Crusade Rule Book wrote:
Hand-to-Hand Combat
Instead of firing, a miniture may attack using hand-to-hand combat either before or after moving.

Ergo if a miniture has the ability to fire, then they can attack in hand-to-hand combat.

If your players are still giving you hassle over this, point out that nowhere in the rules does it state how much armour a marine has (Again it only says this on the reference card)

edit: this picture should make things clearer for your mates. It shows the HtH dice separate from the Heavy Weapons.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/165813

Awesome, if this won't convince them I don't know what will.
Thanx to all who responded to this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.