James Sheahan
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you choose not to move the full amount of councilmen onto the board compared to the number of cards you played, or do you have to move as many as possible. For example if I played 3 councilmen cards do I have to move 3 councilmen or can I choose to move fewer?

We assumed you had to fulfill the total number if possible and could not choose to move fewer.

Cheers,

James.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
... why would you NOT want to move as many as possible?

Because you already are the winner or loser in a region, and councilmen in your personal supply give you points at the end of the game.

edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Eisley wrote:
We assumed you had to fulfill the total number if possible and could not choose to move fewer.

This would also be our interpretation of the rules as written. You must use the full card value.

The only exception to this, is if your personal supply of councilmen runs out. In this case, you may use any remaining card value to move councilmen already on the board.

Note that when playing Building cards, you are not compelled to fully utilise the card value. Building cards seem to be unique in this respect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this one is pretty definitive.

"For each card played, that player moves 1 of his councilmen from
his personal supply to the current district."

It's "moves", not "may move".

If you don't want to move that many, play fewer cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
I think this one is pretty definitive.

"For each card played, that player moves 1 of his councilmen from
his personal supply to the current district."

It's "moves", not "may move".

If you don't want to move that many, play fewer cards.
Yes, that's right, you HAVE to put them into the current district, if you have them in your personal supply. Maybe a "has to move" would have been clearer ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sheahan
United Kingdom
Wokingham
Berks
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers.

louper wrote:
why would you NOT want to move as many as possible?

As Olav mentioned, one of our players wanted to place fewer councilmen once they knew they had played a lot more cards than the next highest amount, so they could keep them in their personal supply rather than be unproductive.

Good to know we played it right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Eisley wrote:
As Olav mentioned, one of our players wanted to place fewer councilmen once they knew they had played a lot more cards than the next highest amount, so they could keep them in their personal supply rather than be unproductive.

Of course I understand this player.
But it is simply part of the game, that not always "the most is the best". Sometimes you play "too many" doge cards, which doesn't bring you an advantage if the others don't play one. There must be an advantage for those, who save their cards for the other options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.