Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Regis Kahn
Canada
Hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I just opened my Fireball Island after like 20 years of not playing it had a great time and noticed everything is still in excellent shape I was very happy to see that!

One thing I did notice though is my board looks different from the one on the box and from the pictures on the site. Mine looks duller and not as jungley (if that's a word). I'll try to put some pictues up. Anyone know if they made two different boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
My board is the same - very different from the one my parents have (much more washed out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Regis Kahn
Canada
Hamburg
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gciscell wrote:
My board is the same - very different from the one my parents have (much more washed out).

Yeah that's a very good way to describe it washed out! It's not like I ever left it out in the sun or anything. I think this is the way that it has always looked.

I'm wondering if they did different prints of this game or if it was a bad batch when they were printing it. Do you think this would hurt or help the resale value of this game if I ever did try to sell it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mine is very washed out as well. It is almost as if they didn't print the black or the red, or at least they were running out of ink. I suspect it is a quality control issue. If I was going to buy a new board, I would definitely look for a nicer print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen a few washed out boards but none that have looked so different that they wouldn't match the one on the box.

Are you sure it's not this board:

Because that's the 3D board from Crash Canyon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mb
freechinanow wrote:
I've seen a few washed out boards but none that have looked so different that they wouldn't match the one on the box.

Are you sure it's not this board:

Because that's the 3D board from Crash Canyon!

No, but I am checking out that game now!!! It looks awesome - is it anywhere as cool as FBI?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Regislive wrote:
gciscell wrote:

Yeah that's a very good way to describe it washed out! It's not like I ever left it out in the sun or anything. I think this is the way that it has always looked.

I'm wondering if they did different prints of this game or if it was a bad batch when they were printing it. Do you think this would hurt or help the resale value of this game if I ever did try to sell it?

I don't think it would affect it if you sell it online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.