Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a redux of gdapkus' Brevity 2 which was a
redux of Goo's Brevity is the Soul of Wit.

This is a standard Perfect 11 game with one twist. Each post must include exactly as many words as the number of day of the game. So, on D1/N1, you can only make 1-word posts (e.g. "wolf?"). After dawn on D2, you can make 2-word posts (e.g. "am seer!"). The intentions is for communication to be awkward and to see how creative you can get with such confined communication.

POSTING GUIDELINES: (a list that may alter as the game goes)

- You MUST use exactly the number of words available for that day.
- "Um," "well," and the like are acceptable fillers.
- I don't have a punishment for rules violations, I only ask that you work within the spirit of the game.
- Invisible text or other such tricks are forbidden.
- You can quote previous posts for reference, but you cannot string them together to form a sentence.
- You cannot quote from N0, including the opening rules post.
- Any amount of punctuation is okay, however . . .
- Emoticons are forbidden.
- Pictures, links, videos, etc. are forbidden. Text only.
- There are no explicit restrictions on formatting.
- A number counts as a word.
- Thumbing is allowed.
- You may not post multiple times in succession to create larger ideas.
- Your vote does not count as a word and does not need to be given its own post.
- You may only make one vote per post.
- Votes must be for only the player's name as listed in cassandra, or an abbreviation.
- No “text speak,” only actual words—think Oxford Dictionary (not American Heritage)
- Acronyms are forbidden, they represent multiple words. So, this means you cannot use 'FUD'.
- Contractions will be counted as multiple words.

Wolf Chat is governed by the same rules as the forum. Wolves must use the number of words allowed in the forum per post and cannot post consecutively. Someone else must post before a wolf can post again.

Mod chats are open to any number of words.

I want you to really activate your imaginations. I want all players to respect the spirit of the game and consider your own sportsmanship when posting. I want you to push the boundaries, but not exploit loopholes.

Ask questions in mod chat if you are unsure about something.

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns the players nature (Wolf/Not Wolf). The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is not a wolf. Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. He is brutal and MUST kill another player when lynched or killed.

Martyr- Each night, may choose one player, and if that player is targeted for night kill, the martyr will die in his place.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0. One of the wolves is brutal and MUST kill another player if lynched.

Sorcerer - The sorcerer knows the identity of the werewolves and wins with them, even if dead. Each night, he may view a player to see if they are the seer or not. He gets a random negative N0 view.

Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining, evil wins. However, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins.

Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 4:00pm BGG time. Votes cast with this time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be posted once the game starts). If all living players vote nightfall it will speed up the dusk. If there is a tie in the lynch votes, it will be broken by longest held last vote

Roles will be revealed on death.

Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Bodygaurd, and Sorcerer must all submit their night orders by 5:00pm BGG time. They do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the 'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.

Please refrain from posting after you have been killed.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 4:00pm
Night Action Deadline: 5:00pm
Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

This game will start when full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: More Brevity? (0/11) - SWF
Player List According to Cassandra:
ChickenSedan
gdapkus
Gelatinous Goo
Kit Kat
miraria
Mwana
redshark92
rgatti
SaiSaysPlayGo
saraccog1
silverbonds

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9610...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra. I was just going to leave this message blank, since I thought it was D0, but then I remembered the game hadn't started yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfchat from Brevity 2 is legendary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
goo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:

? ? ??? ? ? ????? ??? ????? ? ? ????? ???
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
????? ? ? ? ? ? ? ??? ? ????? ? ???
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ??? ? ? ????? ??? ? ? ? ????? ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Brea
CA
flag msg tools
This space intentionally left green.
badge
GRRREEEEEEEEENNNN!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ohgrande wrote:

gdapkus wrote:
--goo?--

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nykkel wrote:
ohgrande wrote:

Quote:
- Invisible text or other such tricks are forbidden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nykkel wrote:
ohgrande wrote:

ohgrande wrote:
- You cannot quote from N0, including the opening rules post.
- Pictures, links, videos, etc. are forbidden. Text only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nykkel wrote:
ohgrande wrote:

Works on D3/N3 however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just formatted punctuation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kit Kat
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gdapkus wrote:
ohgrande wrote:

gdapkus wrote:
--goo?--

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

gdap for the win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nykkel wrote:

No, it's a font called punctuation-junction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F5
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: More Brevity? (3/11) - SWF
ohgrande wrote:
Nykkel wrote:

No, it's a font called punctuation-junction.
Actually, I typed it in and formatted it manually. If it matches a real font, that was coincidence.

I was just trying to be a smartass anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
This post intentionally left blank. Hey, it's D0!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
ChickenSedan wrote:
This post intentionally left blank. Hey, it's D0!

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: More Brevity? (5/11) - SWF
I just tried to type the word "in" and bgg told me my post was too short. so apparently 2 letter words must be accompanied by punctuation on D1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: More Brevity? (6/11) - SWF
I just signed up on Cassandra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that, in a post with a vote, that the vote would not count for/against the word total for the post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedShark92 wrote:
I assume that, in a post with a vote, that the vote would not count for/against the word total for the post?

That's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miraria wrote:
I just tried to type the word "in" and bgg told me my post was too short. so apparently 2 letter words must be accompanied by punctuation on D1.

You can also just add a few extra spaces after the word, if BGG complains. Be careful, though, as additional whitespace may be an Evil tell...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mino Mwana
msg tools
mbmbmb
Here I sign up, I can do no other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Chaotic Neutral
badge
10524 days since the last Incident
mbmbmbmbmb
signed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgio Saracco
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing - G.B. Shaw
badge
No matter how you look at it, I'm the nicest in the world!
mbmb
Play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [34] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.