Mike Via
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
My wife and I were playing Loyang last night and ran into an instance in which I currently had 1 casual customer (which I could pay with vegetables on hand) and 1 regular customer. I purchased a two pack, which contained two casual customers (one of which I wanted to keep, as I would be getting the necessary vegetables next turn).

If I were to take this new casual customer from the two pack, it would cause paying back the one that I already had to suffer from the -2 coin penalty.

So, could I have paid for the two pack, looked at the cards, immediately paid my existing casual customer, then put the desired two pack cards into my board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Should have paid him before. Not doing so is taking that risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you can house rule any way you like.

The rules are not unequivocal. However, we play that you must finish an action in progress before starting a new one. Incidentally, this particular case seems somewhat avoidable as the casual customer could be paid before taking the two pack (unless the intent was to perhaps have something better to do first than the casual customer).

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Via
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
David, that's exactly why I chose not to pay prior to getting the two pack. I had more than 3 vegetables in hand, and had a better casual customer, helper, etc, come out that would have netted me more points I'd have taken it and not paid my existing casual customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vid Dles
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I think the rules are pretty clear on this.

"After making payment, the player draws 2 action cards from the pile and places them face up in front of him, so that all other players can see them." There's not even a comma separating the part where the player draws and the part where the player lays down the cards.

Sure, the rules don't specifically state that the latter must immediately proceed the former, but they don't have to. I mean, if your boss asked you to call a client and verify an appointment time, you wouldn't assume that you can call the client, run some errands, take your lunch break, and then verify the appointment time. It's one single instruction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Nope. Should have paid him before. Not doing so is taking that risk.
Yes, that's perfectly right.

Ralph Bruhn (Hall Games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.