Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lawrence kniffin
United States
parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first and now multiple reading of the set up section. The rules call for you to remove the contract , the condition cards , the first player card , and 6 of the action cards (chosen at random). Then it says to shuffle the remaining 33 cards to create your District draw deck. My confusion starts here, as i only end up with 32 cards. I have inventoried all the cards and it appears to be a misprint, wich is cool misprints are fine. My question is how many cards do i need in my draw deck 32 or 33, do i omit 6 action or 5. Any help will be highly appreciated thanks.

frogdevil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I had some answers for you, original poster. I sat with the Special Edition eight guild set from kickstarter today and tried to figure it out myself. It does say, at one point, if you wish to play with more than 4 players you're going to need two sets of the game, but the expansion guilds are practically a full second set. Additional condition cards are not necessary, they are one per game.

I'm wondering if the intent is to use use one guild's cards per player in the game?

I thought "surely they've playtested this thoroughly" but it seems like the extra components were glittery options that became possible with the successful additional funding and perhaps have not been given the same attention as the base 2-4 player game.

Additional typos in the rulebook include the repeating first lines of page 18 and on page 13 there is a reference to the Guild of Usurers in the Example, but the card in the image is the Guild of Architects. While neither of these effect understanding the gameplay, it does suggest that the game was printed hastily and it may be necessary for the community to figure out how to play it best over the next few weeks.

I really enjoyed the "flavor text" boxes throughout the rules, about the guilds and the militia, but without a rules set printed in the "big box" to include the expansion guilds, there was no flavor to explain their background. The components are all very nice looking and quality, but there's a bit of head scratching to actually playing with more than 4 people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lawrence kniffin
United States
parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a solo walk through last night and i was very happy with how the mechanics worked, for a small filler game it does have some good turns and twists. These might evaporate as my crew starts putting this game through some extra play time. Learning strategies and the like, but that is when i will get to adding the optional rules. At some points reading the mini rule book felt like it needed some extra editing but nothing too far off of the oche.

frog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I caught the "remaining 33 cards" problem too and finally head to old reliable board game geek and the awesome community for help.

Another thing I don't understand what is the district type used for? Second, what good are the personality cards used for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell you the personality cards are used as part of the multiplier at the end. You can have a maximum of 4 cards per district at the end (add the gold coins of all the cards and multiply by the number of cards to get the guild points). Say you have 3 or less cards for a district (not 4 which is the maximum), you can add a personality card to that district to increase the number of cards you multiply the number of gold coins you added up from the district cards. I know that is wordy, but I hope that helps.

I really like the game for a light and quick experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sullivan
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
Yeah I caught the "remaining 33 cards" problem too and finally head to old reliable board game geek and the awesome community for help.

Another thing I don't understand what is the district type used for? Second, what good are the personality cards used for?

The district type is how you score cards- you stack up to 4 cards by district type (including Personalities, if you're under 4), and multiply the number of coins in the each stack by the number of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Conspyre wrote:
rvrratt wrote:

The district type is how you score cards- you stack up to 4 cards by district type (including Personalities, if you're under 4), and multiply the number of coins in the each stack by the number of cards.

Actually, District Type is the background of the cards, as opposed to the District icon in the upper left corner. Several of the Action cards make use of the District Type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.