Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Mitchell
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased a 1946 edition of the vintage board game "Gusher." The game parts are intact, but the original box is in very bad shape. In order to store the original box and prevent further deterioration, I want to find a replacement box of the same dimensions (15.5" x 17.75" x 1.25") so that the game board and component inserts will fit properly.

This is not a standard size box. Is anyone aware of a source for custom boxes that will serve my purpose? I need only one box of these dimensions and am aware that buying one custom-made box will be expensive. However, this is a game that needs to be protected and preserved, so the price of the box is a decidedly secondary consideration.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you considered making one out of foamcore?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it is going to be extremely challenging to buy a single, custom sized box. Your best bet is to find a website that sells singles (uline for example) of a workable size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Johnson
United States
Pleasant Hill
IA
flag msg tools
This morning I was spending a lot of time trying to find somewhere that would mount a game board for me. I came a cross a company called Print and Play Games. It looks like you can also order custom boxes on their site. I have never ordered from them so I am not sure as to quality or turn around time... Here is the linky:

http://printplaygames.com/product/custom-size-box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl von Laudermann
United States
Unspecified
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Aliase wrote:
This morning I was spending a lot of time trying to find somewhere that would mount a game board for me. I came a cross a company called Print and Play Games. It looks like you can also order custom boxes on their site. I have never ordered from them so I am not sure as to quality or turn around time... Here is the linky:

http://printplaygames.com/product/custom-size-box

Print & Play Productions is actually fairly well-known around these parts. The owner,

Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

is frequently active on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much for the information about Print & Play Games. I have found a box through this company that will work well for my needs.

Jack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.