Subject: SPM Site and Forums - Stability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I just picked up this game today! Super excited to start putting everything together. I wanted to check out the Soda Pop Miniatures site/forums but there site/forums is more down than up.

Anyone know whats the deal with their shotty setup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea, but yeah I have kind of stopped going being down every other day is annoying to deal with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are in the midst of changing their site to hopefully be more stable but have said it may take some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
They commented in the last couple months that the website was going to be getting a major overhaul. It was down for nearly a solid month, about a month or 2 back. Since then, it's been up and down....but the concerning part is one of the Dev's said the main overhaul was pretty well done, but the entire site wasn't completely finished. Since that statement was made, the site has become unreliable again, especially in the last couple weeks.

I'll be honest - I have no idea how they have such a hard time keeping a site up and running. There are tons of businesses out there that are able to successfully maintain a website with an online store and forums....I don't understand what is preventing Soda Pop from doing the same.

Soda Pop puts out some really nice products, but I feel they overextend themselves. For as small as the Soda Pop crew is, I can't understand why they would try to take on so many different projects at the same time. It just means there's less attention that can be given to each one of those projects, and they all suffer as a result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tewksbury
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
So I see.... This internet thing is a fad anyway who needs a working sites to support your products....shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Lee
msg tools
It's pretty bad. All I really do is visit and post on their forums, and even those have been down a ton over the last couple of days. I don't really understand how it can be that hard to keep a forum up and running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted on March 13

'We're happy to announce that we have officially hired a new web development team and they have begun this week on building us a new site. We are anticipating a build time of 4-6 weeks, before we launch the new site.

We'd like to thank Rory and Preston who have fought valiantly with existing site to keep it up on its last legs. They were in a less than ideal situation and have been a huge help to us.

We'd especially like to thank all of you for your continued patience as we've struggled through our site's stability issues. The light is finally at the end of the tunnel!'

so just a couple more weeks and all will be well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McClune
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So long as their web team doesn't delay as much as their expansions . . . Bazinga
Was that below the belt?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Faceless King wrote:
So long as their web team doesn't delay as much as their expansions . . . Bazinga
Was that below the belt?

Considering the seven month delay they've just announced on Relic Knights not in the slightest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SPM released a teaser of their new site on facebook:

By their account the new design has been approved and programming is underway. Unfortunatly it sounds like the forums will not be back up until the site goes live.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soda-Pop-Miniatures/995564344...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Asurin
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spelling mistake on preview: "Super Dungeon Explorer"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
asurin wrote:
spelling mistake on preview: "Super Dungeon Explorer"

To be fair, they did say that there were spelling mistakes in the preview on the facebook post.

I'm sure that's not the only one either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.