• [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Been there man. My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
It's so sad to say goodbye. Even Especially to pets

FTFY.
The experience of losing a pet has ripped me up far worse than the loss of some blood relatives. YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
had to put a pug down that we had from 6 weeks old....roughest day ever

i sympathize
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
Poor kitty. My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
fightcitymayor wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

FTFY.
The experience of losing a pet has ripped me up far worse than the loss of some blood relatives. YMMV.

I can understand that indeed. I was just fine up until we saw him at the vet. I lost it. However I feel better about it than I would have a few days ago.

On Monday we came home to find him howling. We took him to the vet and he had a stone in his urinary tract that was too big to pass. After a catheter saline flush the stone got lodged in a spot that let urine flow through and seemed stuck. It was too big to get back to the bladder.

Wednesday night we brought him home and made sure had his meds and new diet.

Thursday I stayed home all day with him as he lounged around on my lap, not wanting to leave it.

This morning he hadn't urinated all night and was not looking well. After taking him in, the stone would not move for anything and he looked quite ill. The vet said he had signs of kidney failure and possible leakage out of the bladder into the abdominal muscles.

We decided he didn't deserve that kind of pain and we put him down. He was 19 and loved by everyone who had ever met him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gibson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
fightcitymayor wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

FTFY.

I can understand that indeed. I was just fine up until we saw him at the vet. I lost it. However I feel better about it than I would have a few days ago.

On Monday we came home to find him howling. We took him to the vet and he had a stone in his urinary tract that was too big to pass. After a catheter saline flush the stone got lodged in a spot that let urine flow through and seemed stuck. It was too big to get back to the bladder.

Wednesday night we brought him home and made sure had his meds and new diet.

Thursday I stayed home all day with him as he lounged around on my lap, not wanting to leave it.

This morning he hadn't urinated all night and was not looking well. After taking him in, the stone would not move for anything and he looked quite ill. The vet said he had signs of kidney failure and possible leakage out of the bladder into the abdominal muscles.

We decided he didn't deserve that kind of pain and we put him down. He was 19 and loved by everyone who had ever met him.

I was fighting the urge to cry just reading this. My miniature poodle will be 10 in June and he could live up to 20...I'm just not ready yet to lose the little guy. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
Canada
Kinda SW of Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Condolences. Anyone who minimizes the importance of our relationships with our pets is just stupid. Take care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, man. Been there and will likely be there again in the not too distant future. It's the price we pay for letting them into our hearts and homes. soblue

Ignore people who tell you that grieving for animals is stupid or that you should "just get over it." There are plenty of animals that are far more deserving of love and grief than some humans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a multi-pet home, and they truly are part of the family. My sincere condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
United States
Gold Canyon
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather . . . not screaming and yelling like the passengers on his bus
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain. Having to have a pet put to sleep is an extremely hard decision, but it's for the best. My wife and I had to do that with our two dogs at the end of last year...... 2 weeks apart. You have our sympathy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

FTFY.

I was going to make the same correction. I know this feeling well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
I'm so sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fiscus
United States
Maricopa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I still think of the two days that I had to euthanize my beloved Simon (Cocker) and Nala (lab mix) as the two worst days of my life.

My sympathies with you - put pictures out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.