Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see I can spend an extra $20 to get 120 extra Wooden Wonder tokens. Are these necessary? In general, when would you run out? Only in 7 - 8 player games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're not necessary. It's just likely with the larger number of players that you'll run out of wooden meeples so you'd have to use the multiplier tokens. But the base game with one set of wooden meeples works for 1-4 players without running out, at least that's what i remember reading. So it's only for larger groups if you don't want to mess with the multiplier tokens and want everyone to always be able to take a token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dyskami Publishing
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruskicowboy wrote:
I see I can spend an extra $20 to get 120 extra Wooden Wonder tokens. Are these necessary? In general, when would you run out? Only in 7 - 8 player games?

Thanks for the question, Justin. As Sarah mentioned, the extra Wonder tokens are not essential for play. Of course, we'd love to sell more of them but we aren't going to tell a lie to do so. whistle

120 Wonders (in the $74 or $99 pledge levels) should be enough or close to enough for most games, especially with 1-4 players. We include 5x multiplier punchboard tokens in the base game so there will never be a problem of the game being unplayable. Adding a second or third pack of the Wonders in a pledge (at $119, for example) will ensure there is never ANY risk of ever having to use the multipliers though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Nguyen
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
Speaking of wooden tokens...Is there a wooden starting player token? Or is there even a cardboard starting token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonkers303 wrote:
Speaking of wooden tokens...Is there a wooden starting player token? Or is there even a cardboard starting token?

Nothing is listed on the page, but that would be very cool to have a wooden one. Maybe if one doesn't exist now, it could be a stretch goal. I'd like a fairy to represent how these are fairy tales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonkers303 wrote:

there's a gold wooden crown (starting player) in the Tree of Wonders
wooden upgrade box (170 tokens total).
speaking of which- is there a listing item for the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dyskami Publishing
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The Upon a Fable: Tree of Wonders does indeed have a BGG listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.