Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Our group has started our next OCS campaign, Sicily. What I would like to do in order to record the campaign is to create military style maps depicting the front line and different advances. So far the only idea I have is to take a screenshot of the Vassal map and to use Paint to draw lines, circles and arrows and then perhaps to use powerpoint to transition between the different maps. I'd appreciate any suggestions the community might have for a nice way of doing this.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have an answer, but if you post the results somewhere I'd love to watch the game unfold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
you nailed it in one. Print color or b&W vassal maps. I'm going to be doing that for a Case Blue play, and then tying them back to some other data and images.

It works great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Shirley
New Zealand
North Shore City
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, just to clarify my intention is to create soft copies as as visual session reports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre rp
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could record the play at vassal in video too...

As I did with those:

After recorded, you can edit focusing at the points you choose and then insert notes, arrows, circles, whatever you want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.