Subject: How many scenarios in the core game set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone C.
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I'd like to know how many scenarios (if any) are in the core game (no extra scenarios to buy).

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
3-5 scenarios + 1 mini campaign + generic (Fight, attack/defense, ambush) and scalable scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet-Gen. Mattis
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of scenarios seems a bit on the low side, BBBBUUUUTTT I can see 2 mitigating factors:

1) People are gonna post their own scenarios on places like BGG (I can see people fighting to post their own version of Kelly and Oddball vs the Tigers)
2) People will be playing DIY scenarios, giving each side 'X' number of points. The dream scenario here would be a 3x5 map with 5 rows of 3 map tiles across-- beaches on 1st row, then transition, 2 rows of hedgerow tiles and then a town in back-- put the paratroopers in the town, infantry on the beach and the Germans in the middle-- instant battle royal. That would be a fun game for 2 or 4 players, just give everybody their own platoon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:
The dream scenario here would be a 3x5 map with 5 rows of 3 map tiles across-- beaches on 1st row, then transition, 2 rows of hedgerow tiles and then a town in back-- put the paratroopers in the town, infantry on the beach and the Germans in the middle-- instant battle royal. That would be a fun game for 2 or 4 players, just give everybody their own platoon.

I just peed in my pants a little...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:
The number of scenarios seems a bit on the low side

I disagree, with the force mix available, since these are points based, you can have a LOT of replay from each. The generic scenarios seem like they will be scalable and again, with the mix of tiles and forces there will be a lot of replay from each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking only about the core game box... What you say with beach, transition tiles... Will be in the landing.
And we will post scenarios on our website and try to set up something for the community to share home made scenarios.

Check out the Sector Kadom on Frontiers page to see how a campaign is designed.

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/29078/frontiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan James
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ron, I was thinking the exact same myself. The add-on scenarios actually come with 6 city tiles, giving you a 3x2 city and extending your board to 6 tiles deep. I think we'll probably get the bridge stretch goal as well, making it 7 tiles deep. Then, assuming the A!C tiles or Dust tiles are usable too, you could go 8 or 9 tiles deep or maybe make the boccage and city areas 4 tiles wide.

I think I remember seeing that the board tiles are 30cm x 30cm which roughly translates to 12in x 12in and all boards are a grid of 7x7. That means our super board would be about 3ft by 7/8/9 ft and 21 movement spaces by 49/56/63 movement spaces. With a base movement of 3 spaces for an infantry squad, a straight run would take anywhere from 17 to 21 turns to run from the beach landing to the back of the city.surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent us pictures when you do that !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darwinsfolly wrote:
Ron, I was thinking the exact same myself. The add-on scenarios actually come with 6 city tiles, giving you a 3x2 city and extending your board to 6 tiles deep. I think we'll probably get the bridge stretch goal as well, making it 7 tiles deep. Then, assuming the A!C tiles or Dust tiles are usable too, you could go 8 or 9 tiles deep or maybe make the boccage and city areas 4 tiles wide.

I think I remember seeing that the board tiles are 30cm x 30cm which roughly translates to 12in x 12in and all boards are a grid of 7x7. That means our super board would be about 3ft by 7/8/9 ft and 21 movement spaces by 49/56/63 movement spaces. With a base movement of 3 spaces for an infantry squad, a straight run would take anywhere from 17 to 21 turns to run from the beach landing to the back of the city.surprise

that reminds me of one of the scenarios in squad leader, where all the boards were put lengthways in a row - road to wiltz? can't remember now! but i do remember that you had to move at maximum speed every turn to try and exit the board within the required turns (one of the victory conditions iirc) that and the fact we had to lay it out and play it in the hallway as we couldn't do it in any other room haha...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.