Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering whether anyone has come up with different scenarios to add some variety over the typical "pound each other until one player runs out of morale." Maybe some sort of capture the flag mechanic, or one where you score points only by carrying treasure back to your home base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Central Valley California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We bounced around a lot of scenario ideas recently; I'll post when we get them on the table and play test. We just started playing so a bit more feet in the water is necessary on our end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think a King of the Hill variant might be interesting, perhaps with modified cowering rules for balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Fredrikson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Might be a little late here but my group is really into Dungeon Command and use these "King of the Hill" variant rules almost exclusively for games with more then 2 players

http://www.robotviking.com/2013/02/20/alternate-multiplayer-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently made a sweet little variant that changes the game into a resource-managing RTS-style deckbuilder thingie. It's pretty fun. If anyone is interested I'll post it. The rules changes are minimal but it turns it into a really different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course we're interested! Personally I think the DC game as written is fundamentally flawed, so would be good to have another use for components. (Apart from in the Adventure System obviously.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bond
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'll post the variant after the weekend (really busy for a few days). I just have to write up the rules changes and make sure it's articulated well. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raolin wrote:
OK, I'll post the variant after the weekend (really busy for a few days). I just have to write up the rules changes and make sure it's articulated well. Cheers.

Hi! Just got into DC and I'm wondering if you managed to post the rules variant?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.