David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
As the BattleCON League successfully enters the final round, I wanted to see if anyone might be interested in a PBF boss battle with an EX character after we're done. I've never played one before and we now have the spiffy new multiplayer rules that should make multiplayer a bit more PBF friendly. We could do 2 or 3 players vs a single boss. Since this would be just for fun, we could even throw in the PnP characters from Devastation. Anyone interested? I would even mod if necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
As the BattleCON League successfully enters the final round, I wanted to see if anyone might be interested in a PBF boss battle with an EX character after we're done. I've never played one before and we now have the spiffy new multiplayer rules that should make multiplayer a bit more PBF friendly. We could do 2 or 3 players vs a single boss. Since this would be just for fun, we could even throw in the PnP characters from Devastation. Anyone interested? I would even mod if necessary.

Not any time in the next week.

I've got finals next week, AND it's looking like I will be getting a promotion that I'll need to prepare for.

But ask again in May and I'll be down for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me a 3 week vacation from BattleCON and i´m in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in this but not until we finish up the league. Maybe in May or so? Looking over the boss scenarios in Devastation got me all pumped to try this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinquetica wrote:
Hi -- I've not done PbF at all for BattleCON (just been lurking so far) but I'd be interested in playing a boss battle. Can I put my name on a list?
Ok, we'd need at least 2 more to get started. I'll send another request after this round of matches finishes up. Maybe more people will be willing then. Man, I hope they add multiplayer to the iOS version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
School's finally dying down for me, so if you still need another player/moderator I could do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested too, though it looks like there's more than enough interest here. Maybe two games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like there's 4 of us now, so we could do 2 vs 1 with the 4th person modding. I could play or mod. I'd rather not be the boss but I'll do it if neccssary. I would suggest avoiding Cheri, Sagas, and Seth for PBF simplicity. But, since this is just for fun, we could use the 4 demo characters from Devestation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be happy to be the boss or to mod. I don't think the EX versions of the character UAs are included in the Devastation preview, though-- am I wrong? So the boss will have to be from War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're in the preview rulebook that was provided to Kickstarters a bit ago. Eligor gets more soak, Shektur gets more malice tokens, Joal starts with all his bases, and Malandrax's traps cause extra loss of life. So we could them if you'd like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go ahead an volunteer to mod since I've actually had a chance to play an EX duel before and it'll be less stressful and more relaxing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. So grasa_total and Sinquetica can decide between themselves who can be the boss. Do you think it would be cool to reproduce the new multiplayer rules in the thread? Or is everyone already familiar with them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably, I dont know them off the top of my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played as a normal character recently, I have a slight preference to play the boss. On the other hand, I've gotten to play lots of PBF lately, so I will leave the final choice to Sinquetica-- if you'd prefer to take the boss role, go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are we including the Devastation preview characters? Either way, I guess I pick secretly and then the two of you can coordinate your character choices?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sinquetica wrote:
I actually haven't played with the EX bases much yet, and I haven't tried the new Multiplayer at all -- so probably no boss role for me, if that's okay.

How does this work, then?
I sent a PM to Brad to make sure it'd be ok to reproduce the rules on the forums here. They were provided to Kickstarter backers, but I'm not sure if it'd be cool to recopy them here. Basically, the board is going to be 9 spaces long instead of 7 and characters on the same team can share spaces. There are a couple of other details, but I'll wait for Brad's ok to print them. The boss character will use the EX cards and EX abilities. Per the RAW of the beta rules, table talk should be out in the open, so any planning we do should probably be done on the forums. The only PM's would be our actual moves to the moderator. I suppose we can start go ahead and PM our character choices to TKRKS to get the ball rolling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Are we including the Devastation preview characters? Either way, I guess I pick secretly and then the two of you can coordinate your character choices?
I think we should. Were there any major tweaks done in the playtesting for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, everyone send me your characters and let me know what we end up deciding about multiplayer rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sputang wrote:
grasa_total wrote:
I think we should. Were there any major tweaks done in the playtesting for them?

Some of them have been tweaked, but not radically changed. I think if people want to play them, we should play them as published in the preview. (IIRC most of the tweaks have been in the positive direction, so there's no unfair advantage to be gained by picking a preview character instead of a War character.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I've posted the thread in the Devastation forum since we've got a little bit of Devastation preview stuff going on in the game:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/970545/kehrolyn-sputang-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.