United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shameless wrote:
Is he still a character?
Does he still have a damage capacity?
And can he still be targeted by cards an effects that target characters?

No, no, and no. When played as an attachment enhancement, he is an attachment enhancement.

EDIT: whoops
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
Shameless wrote:
Is he still a character?
Does he still have a damage capacity?
And can he still be targeted by cards an effects that target characters?

No, no, and no. When played as an attachment, he is an attachment.

*Enhancement.

FTFY But I totally agree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it's an enhancement, it's easier if you think of the whole text box as only having "Action: Focus this enhancement to remove 1 focus token from enhanced unit.". Nothing else. No traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PBrennan wrote:
When it's an enhancement, it's easier if you think of the whole text box as only having "Action: Focus this enhancement to remove 1 focus token from enhanced unit.". Nothing else. No traits.

Yes, this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think his traits should still apply... The effect does not say that he loses his traits.

The thing is, everything I can think of that targets Characters specifically says Character unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
Obligitory Smart-Ass Comment Here
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
PBrennan wrote:

So, he does not add his combat icons to the vehicle? That's the point if not on rogue 3. He's a kickass pilot. Shouldn't he make adding him worthwhile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
PBrennan wrote:

So, he does not add his combat icons to the vehicle? That's the point if not on rogue 3. He's a kickass pilot. Shouldn't he make adding him worthwhile?

Getting extra combat icons and the ability to unfocus the vehicle would make him far too good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
So, he does not add his combat icons to the vehicle?
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
the1jugg wrote:
PBrennan wrote:

Getting extra combat icons and the ability to unfocus the vehicle would make him far too good.

But is adding him as an enhancement to a vehicle worth it at all. In most cases it allows you to attack and defend. I guess I will see his worth when I find more combos.

thanks for the clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
But is adding him as an enhancement to a vehicle worth it at all. In most cases it allows you to attack and defend. I guess I will see his worth when I find more combos.

He can be most definitely worth it in the right situations. Remember, being able to remove a focus token doesn't just mean you can attack and defend. It means you can also attack twice in the same combat or unfocus after the combat and attack another objective. It also forces anyone trying to tactics that vehicle to death to place more tokens, since you can clear more. Obviously, Rogue Three is the best (currently) target for Wedge as an Enhancement in most cases, but it can be useful on many others, under the right circumstances. Just ask the Jedi players how they use Trust Your Feelings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
AntaresCD wrote:
the1jugg wrote:

He can be most definitely worth it in the right situations. Remember, being able to remove a focus token doesn't just mean you can attack and defend. It means you can also attack twice in the same combat or unfocus after the combat and attack another objective. It also forces anyone trying to tactics that vehicle to death to place more tokens, since you can clear more. Obviously, Rogue Three is the best (currently) target for Wedge as an Enhancement in most cases, but it can be useful on many others, under the right circumstances. Just ask the Jedi players how they use Trust Your Feelings.

To me it just seems to make a vehicle elite.... seems underwhelming to me. I have a lot of learning to do though.... thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
To me it just seems to make a vehicle elite.... seems underwhelming to me. I have a lot of learning to do though.... thanks

When using Wedge as an enhancement it's possible to attack with the enhanced unit twice in the same turn. That's not how elite units work. And trust me, it is a huge advantage to attack twice like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
the1jugg wrote:

When using Wedge as an enhancement it's possible to attack with the enhanced unit twice in the same turn. That's not how elite units work. And trust me, it is a huge advantage to attack twice like that.

wow. See? I told you I had lots to learn. That suddenly does sound pretty good.

thanks for the advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:
kevster wrote:
the1jugg wrote:

thanks for the advice.

No problem. Everyone's gotta start somewhere. I've learned a lot of the intricacies of this game from one of my main opponents. He beats me probably 75% of the time, so I have a lot to learn from him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the1jugg wrote:

thanks for the advice.

The main thing to remember about Wedge as an Enhancement is that his ability to remove a Focus token from the enhanced unit is an Action. It can therefore be done during any Action Window. That is a lot more flexible than Elite (which is just an extra token during the normal refresh step).

One of the things I try to teach new players is when all the Action Windows are. Take a look at the back of the rulebook (pages 30 and 31). A large percentage of issues and mistakes are avoided by learning (or keeping handy) those pages. I personally keep a print out of those two pages whenever I play (or just leave the rulebook open).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cherry
Canada
North Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Shhhhhhhh!
mbmbmbmbmb
AntaresCD wrote:
(or just leave the rulebook open).

that's exactly what weve been doing.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.