Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Fontaine
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I recently did a post on why people thought M&M was a great game.
I finally decided that i want to buy it, along with Innovation and Love Letter.

Before I actually commit, does M&M, which will be my "heavier" game, have great replayability? After 10 plays or so, do u feel still excited to play it and want to try new strategies?

Same question regarding Innovation: Great replayabilty?

Love Letter: This will be my filler in between heavier games. Does this also have great replayabilty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchants & Maraudersis one of our "heavier games" as well and I can say it gets better and better every time. We've only played it 4 times now but it definitely gets easier the more you practice and the strategies start to unfold. With the way the A.I. and event cards work it keeps things from getting stale. Not to mention the players decide are they going to play it safe and be a Merchant or go all out and be a Pirate. So no two game are ever the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovation has great replayability, primarily at the two-player level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merchants and Marauders is fun but not in a deep strategy kind of way. For me, it's more like an awesome component thematic adventure. The game is highly draw/roll/luck dependent, but it's fun in what it does. I don't know if I'd want to play it dozens of times, but I'm glad I own it. Oh, and it plays very well with 2.

Innovation is a great card game with ever shifting powers and big swings in momentum. It's fantastic with 2 or 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Fontaine
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for these replies. I think I'll just go ahead and commit, since everything seems pretty positive about these choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Strangegame74 wrote:

Love Letter: This will be my filler in between heavier games. Does this also have great replayabilty?

Is clever dumb fun. As for re-playability, I'm not certain games of this caliber really be labeled as such. The game is played over several rounds, and each round last a minute at most. It definitely take some deductive reasoning to do well, and there really isn't a whole lot of filler games that are like it. It's fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.