Subject: Notoriety rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
So, yet again tearing apart my Criminal deck, and reminded me of my mini-obsession with notoriety. I have been trying to cram it into a criminal or noise deck. Love the idea of notoriety with data dealer, but not sure.

Just can't wrap my brain around good builds for Notoriety. Any good ideas? Of course it never occurred to me to put it in a shaper deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been meaning to do a Doppleganger/Notoriety deck in Crim instead of the usual Chaos Theory Just having Doppleganger lets you score 2 Notorieties, supposing that you can get through.

Guess Datasuckers would be a natural fit too, for successful runs.

Building creds in Crim is harder than Chaos, but you can also derez Ice etc to keep corp poor. Siphon/Vamp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sjoerd Dijkstra
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
St the very least combine it with the new criminal console. Notoriety is a card that is so situational, that imo it is better disregarded entirely...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
I've been meaning to do a Doppleganger/Notoriety deck in Crim instead of the usual Chaos Theory Just having Doppleganger lets you score 2 Notorieties, supposing that you can get through.

Guess Datasuckers would be a natural fit too, for successful runs.

Building creds in Crim is harder than Chaos, but you can also derez Ice etc to keep corp poor. Siphon/Vamp?

Yeah, thought it a natural fit with Doppelganger, for sure. Just not sure if it is worth the trouble to make it work. At least not yet....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Notoriety is much easier to score early game when the Corp hasn't fully set up defenses, and as such, with all their tricks, it's easiest to do running a Criminal identity, especially if you have an Inside Job or two in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sohum Banerjea
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Cyber Exodus Gabe/Notoriety+Data Dealer deck that I've played a decent amount. Notoriety is very much a backup plan in that deck; it's not a combo win that I'm going for, and I have no ways to get extra clicks on the Notoriety turn either. But it's still pretty damn strong, for a few reasons:

1) People tend to expect Archives to be reasonably safe against Gabe, because Sneakdoor. No one actually expects you to run Archives normally. That's won me games by surprise when I've found a juicy 3-pointer sitting there.
2) Data Dealer wins games. It's Stimhack, without the late-game-only problem. Saccing a two-pointer to Data Dealer to steal a one- or two-pointer isn't terrible, because you've denied the Corp that agenda. But saccing Notoriety to steal a three-pointer is delicious.
3) But - and I made this mistake when playing this deck at first - don't be too enamored of the combo. It's a backup plan; a strong one, sure, but don't lose out on your chance to pressure remotes because your eyes are too focused on the centrals.

I can post the decklist if you want, but apart from Notoriety and Data Dealer, it's nothing special. And, of course, it hasn't been updated for ASiS - I took one look at Doppelganger and went to try it out in Whizzard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Sohum, and everyone. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some great combo/build, to use Notoriety. Seems like I have a handle on it. Might throw something together to use it, as selling fame for 9 cash just seems sexy, (or just sneaking out that 1 more point), but that influence always gets tight.

Cheers,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't normally like to whore out my blog beyond my normal spot, but I did just so happen to write about this last week.

To sum it up in brief. I've become a fan of Noteriety, and I think if your deck intends to win via normal running, it is worth considering including.

Here's the decklist I posted on the Blog and the thing I've been (more or less, small tweaks here and there) running for the last couple of months.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrun...

Identity:
Gabriel Santiago: Consummate Professional (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event (26)
Account Siphon (Core #18) x3
Easy Mark (Core #19) x3
Forged Activation Orders (Core #20) x3
Inside Job (Core #21) x3
Special Order (Core #22) x3
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Stimhack (Core #4) x2 ■
Notoriety (Trace Amount #26) x3 ■
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus #43) x3

Hardware (3)
Desperado (Core #24) x3

Program (8)
Corroder (Core #7) x2 ■■
Ninja (Core #27) x2
Sneakdoor Beta (Core #28) x2
Gordian Blade (Core #43) x2 ■■■

Resource (8)
Armitage Codebusting (Core #53) x3
Crash Space (Core #30) x2
Compromised Employee (Trace Amount #25) x3

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 6
Criminal: 68
Shaper: 9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sohum wrote:

1) People tend to expect Archives to be reasonably safe against Gabe, because Sneakdoor. No one actually expects you to run Archives normally. That's won me games by surprise when I've found a juicy 3-pointer sitting there.

This sounds a little familiar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
sohum wrote:
I can post the decklist if you want, but apart from Notoriety and Data Dealer, it's nothing special. And, of course, it hasn't been updated for ASiS - I took one look at Doppelganger and went to try it out in Whizzard

Would you mind? I'd love to see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think any build can benefit from Notoriety. It throws a monkeywrench in a Corp deck that's 10x2 or 7x3 agendas, making for one less agenda you have to steal. I'm running two of them in my Chaos Theory deck, and when I get around to rebuilding my Criminal deck I'll almost certainly put two in there as well. Three seems excessive: it's a card that I want to see, but not early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sohum Banerjea
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Icedman wrote:
This sounds a little familiar...

Sure thing, Agent Archer. I call it "Showboating"

Quote:

3xNotoriety because are you kidding, I love to see it early. Early game is both when the centrals are cheapest to run, and when you want to hit them the most.

The Stimhack is just my "fourth Inside Job", and the singleton Crypsis is there to be a Special Order target. It's always nice to be able to install him for 3 because you've got two Cyberfeeders out.

And Compromised Employee is basically my favourite card ever. It makes me so much more eager to facecheck things, which is exactly what Gabe should be doing Having two out is ~basically the counter to lotsa small ICE, while derez effects are the counter to Big ICE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice, thanks for sharing that. Yeah, I think if I was going to put in notoriety, it would have to be 3 copies, or not at all. Seems like scoring it early would be best, although it could be bad sitting in hand, if not. Data Dealer is a must with Notoriety, I would think.

Haven't really given that Compromised employee that much due, but maybe I should. Still trying to wrap my head around all that is possible, with building. Loving this game.

Believe Gabe would be the way to go with Notoriety, but I figured Noise might be good too, as you are likely to want to hit archives, at some points, anyway.

Thanks all, lots of things to think about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.