Ogre» Forums » News

Subject: Barbarians at the Gate for Ogre: DE rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SJGs has posted the Sponsored Sheets Summary page on the site.

Included on this page is a link for preordering my set, Barbarians at the Gate.

I also would encourage you to see my post in their forums detailing the contents of Barbarians at the Gate as well as some line art for the two new GEVs. You can there via this:

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=107779

Enjoy!

D.

PS...Line art for the new GEVs now in gallery:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1634437/ogre

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sold. Double sold. Which should make a full faction (VG) for oldest daughter. Youngest will have ARF waiting when she's old enough. Boy will play blue, and I have the green Black Rose mercs waiting for me. The whole family will have our favorite colors.

Well, excepting my wife, who considers this a great way to get some quiet time in for quilting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
selenite wrote:
Well, excepting my wife, who considers this a great way to get some quiet time in for quilting.

I laughed so hard at this I woke my lab that was sleeping in the room!

Glad to have helped. The breakdown in my house is orange for me, blue for my son, purple for my daughter, and the three of us are holding out hope that we can convince 'Mom' to use the pink, her favorite.

You've made my night!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested:

Counter Mix in Barbarians at the Gate

Sheet A
Vatican Guard (purple with gold) - logo: crossed keys w/crown

Heavy Tank (3)
Light Tank (2)
Missile Tank (3)
Superheavy (2)
GEV (3)
LGEV (2)
GEV-PC (2)
Missile GEV (1)
Heavy GEV (1)
HWZ (2)
MHWZ (2)
Missile Crawler (1)
Crawler w/o missile (1)
Infantry 3 squad (4) – 2 squad on back
Infantry 2 squad (2) – 1 squad on back
HW Squad (3)
Pikeman (Ogre Mk I) (1) – Sons of Old Nassau colors on back
Train counter (1)

Anarchist Relief Front (pink GEV squadron)
GEV (2)
Light GEV (2)
Missile GEV (1)

Sheet B
"The Sons of Old Nassau" (Merc) (orange tiger striped) - logo: tiger paw print in circle

Heavy Tank (3)
Light Tank (2)
Missile Tank (3)
Superheavy (2)
GEV (3)
LGEV (2)
GEV-PC (2)
Missile GEV (1)
Heavy GEV (1)
HWZ (2)
MHWZ (2)
Missile Crawler (1)
Crawler w/o missile (1)
Infantry 3 squad (3) – 2 squad on back
Infantry 3 squad (1) – 2 squad on back; white tiger uniform (not orange)
Infantry 2 squad (2) – 1 squad on back
HW Squad (3)
Pikeman (Ogre Mk I) (1) – Vatican Guard colors on back
Train counter (1 - GREEN w/Black Rose logo to match Mercs in Ogre: DE)

Anarchist Relief Front (pink GEV squadron)
GEV (2)
Light GEV (2)
Heavy GEV (1)

Remember, there will be TWO of each of these sheets per set. (Or in other words, double the above numbers for total units included in one set...). Also included are 8 Rapids overlays (a new type of 'terrain'), 8 GEV Ramp overlays, hexside overlays, and a variety of status indication markers.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
selenite wrote:

Perhaps you could persuade her that quilting with hex shaped green, blue and some other coloured materials would look really nice, especially if the hex pieces were about 1.5 inches across
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in, thank you for doing these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Prince of Moskova wrote:

Thank you for your support!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
Prince of Moskova wrote:

Thank you for your support!

D.

Hi!
Maybe my email didn't get through, but how much is shipping to Germany?
And how should I proceed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stophle wrote:
Hi!
Maybe my email didn't get through, but how much is shipping to Germany?
And how should I proceed?

I will be sending out confirmatory emails to all of the international requests later today, that I received your email.

I need to get the weight of these sheets from SJGs, before I can get quotes from the US Postal Service as to how much it will cost to ship to Germany (or the UK, or Australia, or Canada, etc). Please know I am working on it.

All those who contact me requesting shipping to a non-US locale are being put on a list and having sets put aside for them, so you are protected against them selling out.

This is going to take some time. Please be patient and thank you for your support!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Gallagher
United States
Saginaw
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stabliser123 wrote:
Perhaps you could persuade her that quilting with hex shaped green, blue and some other coloured materials would look really nice, especially if the hex pieces were about 1.5 inches across

Oh, she might be willing to make us a board. But she still wouldn't play the game with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

For all who are interested in purchasing Barbarians at the Gate, but do not live in the US...

I am still working on this; I have not forgotten you. I seem to have run into an issue for shipping of one set that has complicated getting a quote to everyone. I'm trying to do this in the most cost-effective way that will still ensure delivery of the set.

I know that Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation for two or three sets (same shipping for both) is $42 for Canada and $61 everywhere else. One set might be $21 Canada/$25 everywhere else, but I'm not sure that will work...

I'm also looking into First Class shipping, but that is compounding the issue.

For all who have inquired, I am recording your interest and will hold a copy (or copies) until I can definitively answer these questions for you. Thank you for your time and patience.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stabliser123 wrote:
selenite wrote:

Actually, have her go with 3" hexes. This has the dual benefit of both allowing the Ogres to fit in a single hex, as well as being a larger quilt!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some have asked regarding this, so I'll answer here...

For those of you who would prefer not to use Paypal, please send me a private message and we can work something out. I'll be happy to help.

D.

(PS...Still working on international options...)

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
To our international brethren,

You are not forgotten. I am STILL working on the best options to save you money on shipping. Those of you that have emailed me have had a set or sets set aside for you; no worries if you later choose not to buy them.

I hope to have some final options (costs) in another week or so.

Thank you (yet again!) for your patience!

Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
News and notes from the Vatican battlefront....

First, the Barbarians at the Gate counter sets will be available at the Ogre Launch Party. The sets will only be of the counters; the rules and scenario book will be mailed at a later date. Steve Jackson Games has graciously agreed to collect names and addresses of those who buy a set or sets. Please write clearly and legibly; I want you to get the book!

Second, I can now confirm that there are 4 scenarios, ranging from a small skirmish using just one map up to a massive battle on four maps with 5 (or more!) armies on it. There are an additional 20 unique variants to the scenarios, not counting combining variants. (Note: a few of the variants would require a second set... Also, the sponsored counter sheet Uncommon Ogres would be of help in a couple too)

Third, for our international brethren, I am in the final stages of working out an option that will dramatically decrease the cost of shipping of the Barbarians at the Gate set. I apologize for the (lengthy!!) delay in this regard, but I believe you will find the wait worthwhile. Please bear with me a little longer...

The Vatican Guard await at their posts, Colonel Long's White Tigers are in position and Captain Grace's GEVs are humming...it's time for Ogre to be released!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew,
For those of us not fortunate enough to make the launch event, do you have a rough idea of when you will start shipping?
Thanks,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevan sumner
Canada
Brandon
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Join us in June for Manitoba's longest-running game convention! www.prairiecon.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Third, for our international brethren, I am in the final stages of working out an option that will dramatically decrease the cost of shipping of the Barbarians at the Gate set. I apologize for the (lengthy!!) delay in this regard, but I believe you will find the wait worthwhile. Please bear with me a little longer...

Drew, when you work out the international shipping costs, will you be replying directly to people who have emailed you with shipping cost requests as directed on the Steve Jackson Games website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Update...

Regarding ship dates:

SJGs needs to ship the sponsored counter sheets to the sponsors. I have not received any notice of shipping yet, nor do I expect to for a little while longer. I believe that (and whole-heartedly agree with) SJGs is focusing on getting the actual game out to those that backed the project. Without the game, the extra counter sheets are worthless.

Once that is taken care of, my guess is that the sponsored sheets will ship to the sponsors themselves. But that just means they leave Texas for parts unknown. Speaking for myself (and I believe most of the sponsors fit this description), once I have the sheets in hand, it will still take a while longer to ship them out to those gracious enough to pre-order. I have a full time job (and actually, a second part time one!) and will be doing this on free evenings and weekends. My goal is to make the turn around as fast as possible, but I do not have staff nor is this my vocation, so some delay is inevitable. My hope is a two week turn-around from receipt to distribution. But even with that as a goal, it is looking like December is a reality...

Regarding International orders...

My sincere apologies for the lack of communication in this regard. Too much on my plate. I do have some good news...the details are being finalized for reduced shipping for those in Great Britain and Europe. I am working with another sponsor to facilitate this. As far as the rest (Canada and those in the southern hemisphere), I'm forced to wait until I have the actual product in hand to get accurate projections of shipping costs. I have promised (and am continuing to do so,) to set aside a set or sets for all those that request. You will NOT be forgotten.

My thanks (and presumably, that of the other sponsors) for everyone's patience in this regard.

Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE:

Ok...Tiffin Games and I have worked out a "swap" of a number of sheets, allowing me to assist North American fans in getting the Strategic and Tactical Objectives sheet, and allowing Tiffin Games to assist European fans in getting the Barbarians at the Gate sheets.

BUT....

Neither of us are ready to take orders for the other at this time. Issues that still need addressing:

** Most pressing, I still need to receive my (and those of Tiffin Games) counter sheets. A 10'10" train trestle has created a formidable roadblock, and the logistics in changing a delivery address have proved incredibly challenging wrapped in bright red tape, especially in light of the holiday. My hope is to get possession of them next week, but I had hoped to do so last week as well...

** At this time I am unaware as to whether they have received their pallet as well...

** There are the details as to how those in Europe who purchase my counter sheets are to receive the rulebook that goes with them. Perhaps a pdf version? Perhaps the book gets shipped from here to individual buyers in Europe when they purchase the sheets from Tiffin Games (this would entail a separate shipping charge...)? There's a significant logistical issue there too... Perhaps shipping a load of books to Tiffin Games (who can then ship them with the sheets at time of order)? Who pays for that?

** Likewise, if Tiffin Games has any sort of insert or rule book, those same issues exist in reverse...

** I am unaware at this time as to what Tiffin Games wishes to charge for their sheets. Personally I wish to support Tiffin Games in the advancement of their product, and thus want them to set the price point for their sheets. I believe some details are still be worked out regarding this on their end.

** For those that I have pre-ordered from me - how to sort out who wants the S&TO sheet in addition to mine and what, if any, additional shipping will that entail? (I have an idea on this, but am working through the details...)

** etc.

As you can see, there are still hurdles in front of us. Throw on top of all this that I have a full-time job and a second part-time one; those at Tiffin Games have other jobs; plus the rush of the holidays, and you can see how things are creeping along.

I apologize that my updates are a little sporadic. I hope to have more concrete details in the next week or so. But hopefully this will answer some of your understandably pressing questions. Thank you again for your patience and support!!

Drew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully there are still plenty of these available. I want to put in an order but until we know the price of shipping to Canada I am reluctant to commit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting to order these and am excited about both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Geordie Geek
United Kingdom
Chester-le-Street
County Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcall wrote:
I am waiting to order these and am excited about both

Agreed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Update:

News from the Vatican...

Regrettably, I am still in a holding pattern regarding re-opening the sale of both of my Barbarians at the Gate and the Strategic & Tactical Objectives sheet. But as I've learned from SJGs, there is value in saying you have nothing to say... More to come (hopefully!) soon...

I have prices for international shipping! I'm rechecking on one issue, but should be posting very soon. I would like to remind my European brothers and sisters that they will likely be able to do better re: shipping by purchasing through Tiffin Games, but I'll post the cost for all concerned nonetheless.

Finally, to end on a high note, I intend to upload the artwork I commissioned for the rule book cover (as soon as I can). The book itself is 24 pages, and will have additional artwork from some artists well known to the Ogre community. I think you will all enjoy it; I know I was quite impressed! The cover features the Vatican Guard and the two new GEVs...

While waiting for BGG to get the upload feature back, feel free to check out the image over at SJG (post #117):

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=107779&page=12

More to come!

D.

PS - I have received final approval from Steve Jackson, and thus may commence printing of the rulebook! Another hurdle past...

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cover art is up....

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1868692/ogre

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
Let me be the forst to say "Niiice"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.