Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Infant beheadings.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/04/10/philadelphi...

Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you not see the thread that already exists about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/960371/philadelphia-abor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

Of course he saw it, and then he thought, "Well, mine will be better!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

Of course he saw it, and then he thought, "Well, mine will be better!"

As long as he saw it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this conversation hasn't degenerated yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Well this conversation hasn't degenerated yet.

Then it's behind schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
locked, please use the other thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
you guys want another thread on the article, go for it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Now we continue posting on this thread. This is the one I prefer so I am much more pleased now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Yay! Now we continue posting on this thread. This is the one I prefer so I am much more pleased now.

I like this one better as well. the other one has degenerated into Chad opining about budgets and ROI and esoteric accounting practices, Kelsey telling me things are really complicated no matter how simple life is for everyone but him and the guy from NZ telling Dave people have sex more than once a night. Dave is confused because it hasn't occurred to him that the guy is from New Zealand and there are entire flocks of sex partners just waiting for all the randy Kiwi's to leave the pubs and head through the fields on their way home.

The discussion of the actual horror and apparent willingness of the media to ignore this huge story is lost now. Maybe someone here will discuss it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what real *good* would come from discussing it too much. It's horrible. Everyone KNOWS it is horrible. It is perhaps a literal example of 'unspeakable horror;' people don't even want to speak of it.

What would be the use of continuous coverage? To pressure the gov't oversight into reform? Either they're already reforming because this horror happened, there is no effective means of reform they can come up with at this point, or they are sick fucks who wouldn't care if you rubbed their nose in it anyway.

Maybe someone can come up with a valid reason for more displays of this; extensive coverage of just how much pressure it takes to sever a fetal spine, or something. I'm all ears if they can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
Had a vet in the family.
She was never pleased to find children waiting to be shown the miracle of birth.
"What if I have to get the fetatome out and cut the fetus into pieces so I can remove it from the mother?", she'd ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:

Sorry, I did not see it. I can delete this thread (?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

And.... scene.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
looleypalooley wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:

Too late for that, we're about to get serious here. You just wait until we get into discussing Planned Parenthood budgets, that'd horrify anyone!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Prez and Dear leader Barry Jesus Obama turned over the Saturday national address to the mother of a child shot at Sandy Hook. Can there even be a more crass and debased use of another human being's grief and suffering than to use her as a political "tool" to force feed America an agenda that, even if we'd had it, would not have saved the life of her child?

The man is a slithering snake who has no dignity and when he sees it in others he degrades and destroys their dignity in order to further his agenda of a Legacy President.

Meanwhile, he avoids the Goshnell case... where hundreds of black babies were brutally murdered by a murder team, all operating right under the noses of "authorities" and saving the little baby feet as trophy's. I feel sorry for this poor lady who has been used and debased by Dear Leader. And sorry for the dead children that Obama and the media really, really would rather not ever talk about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
I'm not sure what real *good* would come from discussing it too much. It's horrible. Everyone KNOWS it is horrible. It is perhaps a literal example of 'unspeakable horror;' people don't even want to speak of it.

What would be the use of continuous coverage? To pressure the gov't oversight into reform? Either they're already reforming because this horror happened, there is no effective means of reform they can come up with at this point, or they are sick fucks who wouldn't care if you rubbed their nose in it anyway.

Maybe someone can come up with a valid reason for more displays of this; extensive coverage of just how much pressure it takes to sever a fetal spine, or something. I'm all ears if they can.

It highlights the stark contrast in our modern world of good versus evil, the hypocrisy, exploitation, and oppression by our current administration, and forces people to confront logical fallacies in their world views and definitional slippery slopes that they employ to justify some of the greatest atrocities of history. That's three reasons: it is newsworthy and important, but I do understand it is uncomfortable for a specific agenda that favors certain atrocities against the most vulnerable and the most innocent.

The rationale of "unspeakable horror" as justification for a media blackout if sincere ought to apply to Sandy Hook, too, but there the agenda is to parade the victims out at every possible political event and to never stop the coverage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
It highlights the stark contrast in our modern world of good versus evil, the hypocrisy, exploitation, and oppression by our current administration

Wait, what? This is also Obama's fault?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
It highlights the stark contrast in our modern world of good versus evil, the hypocrisy, exploitation, and oppression by our current administration

Wait, what? This is also Obama's fault?

When the American people support greed, exploitation, debt, and evil in greater numbers than those who oppose those things, the nation that has been the greatest force for good, generosity, and shared prosperity in history is in jeopardy, and the world is worse off.

I remember Jill Stanek's testimony and the legislation that Obama opposed again and again when he was my state senator and still unknown to almost everyone. Yes, Obama's philosophy on this point is evil, and the pervasiveness of his philosophy makes our world more selfish, more callous, and more immoral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
I'm no obama fan but this is ridiculous.

Are you familiar with Stanek's testimony and the admissions of the Hospital where she worked? If anything, I'm not sure my condemnation of a man who regularly voted in support of infanticide as my state senator is strong enough . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
From what I've read on the topic, obuttma voted against the clauses that would've undermined Roe V. Wade, not for infanticide.

Having been there, I would say it more accurate to note that he felt that abortion was so important a "right" to protect that we also have to allow actual infanticide as well, letting a baby that inadvertently survived outside its mother's womb cry and die alone in a utility closet (so as not to "inconvenience" anyone) to be consistent.

And to his credit, that is more logically consistent than most folks in this forum (who would draw arbitrary lines to ease their consciences), but I'm just pointing out that it is consistently evil.

The growing acceptance and ignoring of other documented cases of infanticide is clearly something that follows from Obama policies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you'd find pretty broad consensus on the sanctity of (1) innocent (2) human life.

True, there are many who would justify execution of a person adjudicated to be a violent criminal by a fair and just system with extensive constitutional and procedural safeguards, and a lot of people who eat animal meat when others would not, but I'm comfortable saying that protecting innocent human life is good, and abandoning or destroying it not so good.

If you want to argue the pro-infanticide position for a while, feel free. I won't waste time on the debate. At least you have the president on your side, though I suspect it is still not a majority position yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KissaTaikuri wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
I think you'd find pretty broad consensus on the sanctity of (1) innocent (2) human life.

I don't think that I necessarily would. We can't even find consensus on this niche boardgaming website.

Blue Steel wrote:
If you want to argue the pro-infanticide position for a while, feel free. I won't waste time on the debate.
Understandable as there's likely nothing, reasonable or concrete, that you could add.

More like it would be so difficult for me to lose that debate that there would be no point.

You may not find consensus on when human life begins (as people have invested a lot of their time trying to justify horrors by setting new arbitrary lines away from conception: the first heart beat, the first brain patterns, the first breath, the complete exit from the womb, the cutting of the umbilical cord, certain movements, etc.), but I would be shocked if you find very many rational, compassionate people even on this site who would say we should not value innocent human life that we can agree is in fact life.

Feel free to attempt to prove me wrong: maybe I don't realize just how depraved we have become in the last four and a half years?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.