Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/the-purge-revie...

Conclusion:

For Sale is a fun card game that is very well thought of by a lot of gamers. I have heard many reviews and stories about how great this game is to the point that I am not sure it would ever live up to its reputation.

It did, slightly. The game is very good, light, plays quickly yet gives the players decisions to make. When do you bid up and when do try to get the "house" cheap. There is some luck to it I guess in what cards come up, but you are 100% in control of what you bid, how much you bid, and when to bid up.

Overall, this is a very good card game that will stay in my collection for a long time. I think you can play this game with gamers and non-gamers. You can play with kids, but they might not fully compete with adults who can balance the different and changing values of the cards.

Components:

The components are simple, but very well made. You get two decks of cards (one of houses and the other is of money). You also get some very nice cardboard "coins". The bits are nice and high quality. This is a well made game. Top notch for such a light game.

Rule Book:

The rules are very simple. While you get 4 pages of rules, the entirety of the rules are on one page front and back. The book is made of very hard paper and it is very sturdy. The rules are simple and are written very clearly. The rule book is in full color and really does a great job.

Flow of the Game:

The game is broken up into two phases. 1. Buying houses 2. Selling houses

1. Buying houses - Everyone starts out with some money. Cards (with houses on them with values) are placed face up from the deck equal to the number of players. Everyone bids until someone stops. That person than pays half of THEIR top bid and takes the lowest numbered cards. This continues until one person is left bidding, they pay their TOTAL bid and takes the remaining card (i.e. the highest). This continues until no house cards are left.

2. Selling houses - Cards are laid out equal to the number of players. These cards have money on them. Players then select one house card from their deck (i.e. the cards they bought in phase one) and highest card (when flipped over at the same time) gets the highest money card and so forth.

Phase two continues until there are not any money cards left.

Players then add up their money cards and their money and the player with the most money wins.

Should I buy this game?:

Yes. If you are not a big gamer, this is a great fun game to have. If you are a gamer, this is a great game to start or end the night. This is a very fun game to have in your collection that you can pull out with just about anyone. This game has a deserved reputation and it did live up to its reputation.

Keeper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree: fun, light and quick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
I agree too: good for non-gamers.
Trash-talking takes this game to another level! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin...
mbmbmbmbmb
SOLD! If you want a better "filler", pick up a copy of Looting London. It's cheaper too. BTW, you're all friggin' daft (raters of over 6).

Überplay edition (2005) | English

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.