Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Sapp
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
I've watched the video they posted on their Kickstarter page. I have the manual in front of me, but I'm still not confident enough to start playing. Can anyone put these rules in layman's terms for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each minion stands between two blocks, call them X and Y. When your minion tries to take over block X, he has the might of block Y (if it has any might) to assist him in taking it over.

As you are battling for each block, look at each of your minions, add up the values of the "other" block (the one that supports each minion in attacking the current block), and the highest sum wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott K.
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
Each minion stands between two blocks, call them X and Y. When your minion tries to take over block X, he has the might of block Y (if it has any might) to assist him in taking it over.

As you are battling for each block, look at each of your minions, add up the values of the "other" block (the one that supports each minion in attacking the current block), and the highest sum wins.

I agree that this is how the rulebook leads you, but when watching the video on the kickstarter page, it led me to believe that the agent / minion token counted as 1 point of influence as well as getting the value of the 'other' block. In most cases this wouldn't matter much, but I could think of some scenarios where it might.

Based off the gameplay video I almost didn't even bother reading the rules, but I did and I'm not exactly happy with the result. I think I like the rules as explained in the video better.

Did anyone else notice this and if so, which version do you use when playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kersed wrote:
hymie wrote:

I agree that this is how the rulebook leads you, but when watching the video on the kickstarter page, it led me to believe that the agent / minion token counted as 1 point of influence as well as getting the value of the 'other' block. In most cases this wouldn't matter much, but I could think of some scenarios where it might.

Based off the gameplay video I almost didn't even bother reading the rules, but I did and I'm not exactly happy with the result. I think I like the rules as explained in the video better.

Did anyone else notice this and if so, which version do you use when playing?

Either the video was made using an earlier version of the rules, or that aspect of the scoring was inadverdently left out of the rules. I suspect the former but it would be nice for CMON to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.