Jayson Myers
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Please check out my other reviews at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/145695/item/2604212#it...

Conclusion:

This is actually a fun little children's adventure game. Some claim it is too simple, but it really is for kids and I think it has interesting decisions for kids. It helps if they prepare for the future.

The object of the game is to move around the board and collect secret tokens. To move around the board, you have to move the tiles and push one off the board. So you really have to plan ahead (keeping in mind your opponents can screw with you).

Kids can learn some game techniques which is important in this game. In addition, it is not a luck fest. There are actually decisions here.

Overall, this is a game that can be a fun game, a learning game for kids, and provides interesting decisions. What more can you ask for? Keeper for us for now (for kids).

Components:

In my eyes, the components are top notch with just a couple of flaws. The board is really nice and comes with tiles built into the board. The art work is very cartoony and really appeals to younger people. The tokens are made from very nice cardboard. My only real complaint is the "pawns". They are cheap looking, but I do like the ghost aspect of the pawns.

Overall, for a kid's game the bits are great and I am very happy with the components.

Rule Book:

The rule book is cheap and printed in black and white. The pictures in the book are useful. The rules are clear, but could have been written better. Even so, they do the job. There are advanced rules included at the end of the book. They should be used depending on the age of the players.

Flow of the Game:

The game is a race to collect secret tokens. The game ends after the last one is taken.

When the game starts, a secret token is shown. All players race to collect this token. To move, you take the one tile not on the board and push a maze tile on to the board (pushing another one off). You can then move your ghost as far as your path allows. If you reach the treasure marked on the board, you get to take it.

That's the entire game.

Should I buy this game?:

If you have small children, this is a great game to start them out on so they can play more adventure type games with you. There are decisions about which tiles to push around and how to best move down your path. You can also choose to hurt someone else more than helping you. These are decisions you must weigh carefully, yet the game is easy enough for kids.

Keeper for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Get yer finger off my head!!
mbmb
Great review! Its always a pleasure to read them. Now, I have to go and crack open my copy of Jr Labyrinth. :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Sharp
msg tools
I teach English as a Second Language. I've been using this for years with elementary school kids and even some low-level adults. It's fantastic practice for giving directions. "Turn right, then go straight two blocks, then turn left." Everyone loves it.

Some of my students made a house rule that if you ghost gets pushed off with the tile change, you have to give back one of your treasures and then you miss your next turn while your ghost stands up from "dead" at their starting space.

The game is challenging, but easy enough that everyone can win. with 12 tokens, it doesn't matter if we play with 2,3,or 4 people - the scores are usually even, so everyone feels like they accomplished the task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.