Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davide Bendazzi
Italy
Lodi
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

""I am ready! These giant grey beasts will not pass!" This was thinking one of the Velites while the line of elephants was charging in. He then started to run with his own javelin aiming at the head of the nearest beast. All of a sudden, javelins were whispering all around, toward and from the elephants. With his mind and eyes focusing on his own javelin, he was surprised to see that his throwing was ineffective. And it was only after this moment that he looked around and saw that all of his brethrens were fleeing in cover of the line of Hastati behind them. And this was only the beginning.... the beginning of the end of an army!"

Historical deployment; full rules used

I was commanding the Romans. Looking at the forces, I was fearing to stand no more than 3 turns but after the loss of the first line of Velites I noticed the Hastati plus Coorti line was holding good after an elephants and phalanxes charge! The problems were the flanks.... Carthaginians heavy cavalry managed to succesfully attack the Principes plus Coorti flank forces moved to protect the sides, and after 7 turns I reached the army withdrawal point limit of 120. Although Carthaginian suffered from leadership holes in the line, another time cavalry proved to be the king of the battlefield!

Casualties:
Carthaginians: 18 elephants, 1 heavy cavalry,1 celt medium infantry, 1 african phalanx
Romans: 2 roman cavalry, 5 velites, 3 hastati, 3 principes, 9 coorti
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.