Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Just gave the solitaire variant a try to learn the game. Has anyone had any luck toppling Diaz on their own? It moves quickly, but it was so frustrating to constantly roll for Diaz and have my enterprises repeatedly robbed or my partners assassinated. Of course, that was just my first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Teo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
same. i was pretty much locked out from the start and Diaz was gaining in strength very easily too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Barcelona_(1713–14)
badge
https://spanishpolice.github.io
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played two solos with two wins. The first in third topple through revolution and the second play in first toppling through loyalty.

I think that, as there is no other player with his strategies, you just have to build your strategy and go for the critical cards. Speculate on those that can delay you so you'll get benefit in the disruption. And of course, there is luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple of other opinions in this thread, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiamat
United States
Plymouth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I like it because Diaz keeps things moving in the market.

Also, when I play solo multiplayer I feel reluctant to make players knock down each other's sandcastles. Diaz just does it and doesn't make me give him permission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.