Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All,

I have started a Geeklist collecting all the rulings from Lukas since the release of the ANR FAQ 1.1. I started it because I wanted a quick reference for players and TOs.

A couple of quick points before I provide the link.

1) Comments are disabled. Each listing is a link to a thread discussing the ruling. The purpose of the thread is a quick reference, not a place to rehash old/new arguments about the rulings.

2) At this time I am the only one that can post up a new Thread Item. I am still fiddling with the format and once I lock it down I will open up the list to others to post.

LINK: Android Netrunner Post FAQ 1.1 Rulings From FFG

If I have missed a ruling (right now I have added just three) please post a link to it here and I will put it in the queue to be added.

I am also open to formatting suggestions and corrections.

Current Updates - May 22, 2013:

* Re-ordered the rulings. They are sorted by Rules of Play, Tournament Rules, Card Rules (sub sorted alphabetically) to make it easier to find a specific ruling.
Re-sized the cards (smaller, but still readable) used in the main body of each listing.
* Added Toolbox and Compromised Employees to Net Police listing with annotations to make the difference between +{link} vs. link clearer.
* Added 3 new listings, one tournament, one rules of play, and a new chum ruling via archer and deus X.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

But what Android: Netrunner really needs is a database just like the one set up for the original Netrunner (found at www.netrunneronline.com) that includes card-specific rulings alongside each card for ease of use. That would be the most ideal solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mateui wrote:
Nice.

But what Android: Netrunner really needs is a database just like the one set up for the original Netrunner (found at www.netrunneronline.com) that includes card-specific rulings alongside each card for ease of use. That would be the most ideal solution.

Can Darksbane modify/update cardgamesdb.com for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Mateui wrote:
Nice.

Can Darksbane modify/update cardgamesdb.com for this?

Great idea, time/effort permitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mateui wrote:
Nice.

I would love a resource like this for the players but would still want something quick and dirty for TOs. I would say there should be a link in the Cardgamedb.com Netrunner drop down list that shows only cards with rulings/FAQ entries attached.

This would make future searches more manageable when the card pool grows. I would use it to refresh my memory on cards I don't normally use or look something up during a tournament.

Great suggestion... But for now, I use the tools that I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
It bears noting that the only official rulings from Lukas are the ones from the submission form. Here's what he said on Twitter.

Quote:
Anything you receive via the rules submission form is official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added:
* Bullfrog & Structure of a Run (last night)
* Net Police today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for putting this together (and I think disabling comments was the right move)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrTall wrote:
Thanks for putting this together (and I think disabling comments was the right move)

You are welcome. And yes, disabling comments was definitely the right move... whistle

Added:
* Weyland Consortium: Becasue We Build It & Matrix Analyzer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend adding Woodcutter/Tyrant and Oversight AI, as in light of those ICE with Chum the ruling was quite unexpected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
I'd recommend adding Woodcutter/Tyrant and Oversight AI, as in light of those ICE with Chum the ruling was quite unexpected.

Done. Both the Bullfrog and Oversight AI questions are now in the Geeklist.

To everyone, please post the link to the thread containing the ruling if possible. It will speed up my posting of them. Some of these are buried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not just keep this updated:

Courtesy of Sportacus

I keep this in a binder with all the other docs (Rules,FAQ etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
Why not just keep this updated:

Courtesy of Sportacus

I keep this in a binder with all the other docs (Rules,FAQ etc).

Awesome resource. First time I have heard about it here. Here is why I am going to continue to work on the Geeklist in parallel;

1) Crowd Sourcability: While its nice to have the PDF (printed or on a device) for tournaments, the very nature of a PDF requires that one person maintain the document and publish it. Once I figure out a few formatting issues, I am going to turn the Geeklist public and anyone can link to a ruling and post it up.

2) Links: The Geeklist can hotlink to the original thread. Yes, you can do that in a PDF but you can't do it from a print out. Hand typing them into your smartphone, computer or tablet is not my fave.

3) Learning: I have mastered PDF creation (though I am still using Adobe CS3, I will be getting the latest toys in a month or so). By creating a Geeklist I am forcing myself to learn how to better use the tools inherent to BGG. I like learning new stuff.

Thank you for the link, I will check it out and fill in the holes in my own project. I will be sure to link to it on the Geeklist header page and credit any work I "borrow."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Added:
Ordering installed cards on a remote server and revealing them at end of game.

This one comes from Cardgamedb.com and its forcing me to consider how to incorporate rulings posted off the boardgamegeek.com page.

I found someone linking it on boardgamegeek but its buried in the middle of the thread. I may create a thread specifically posting up about this ruling to make it cleaner.

This is also a general rules question so I created an image using the front page of the the rule book just for that purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be worth adding the remark about Andromeda's mulligan hand size (seen here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4109 ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done. Andromeda is up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whirlpool->CellPortal infinite loop = the corp must let the runner in.
Whirlpool->Enigma->CellPortal infinite loop with Yogg in play = will be answered in FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a ruling from Lukas regarding Pheromones and Grimoire. Pheromones does not get a single recurring credit when played while Grimoire is out, since recurring credits trigger at time of install and the Grimoire counter is added as a result of the install.

skiesbleed wrote:
As a Runner, if I have Grimoire installed and then proceed to install Pheromones, will Pheromones start with 1 recurring credit that can be used immediately?

Grimoire says: "Whenever you install a virus program, place 1 virus counter on that program." The rules for recurring credits say: "Recurring credits are placed on a card when the card becomes active, and can be used immediately." These seem like they might be simultaneous effects, but I'm not sure if becoming active and being installed happen at the exact same time.

Are these simultaneous, allowing me to place the Grimoire counter before the recurring credits are placed, thus allowing me to have 1 recurring credit on Pheromones to spend immediately?

Lukas Litzsigner wrote:
A card becomes active immediately when it is installed, so by the time you place the virus counter on the Pheromones, it is too late to get the recurring credit. The card has to be installed before you can trigger an ability off of it being installed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Whirlpool->CellPortal infinite loop = the corp must let the runner in.
Whirlpool->Enigma->CellPortal infinite loop with Yogg in play = will be answered in FAQ.

Have you posted the questions you asked and the answers from Lukas in a thread? If so, could you give me the link? I have to have a thread to put it into the Geek List. If the thread does not exist, post it in full here and I will make a thread specifically for the Geeklist.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saracenus wrote:

Have you posted the questions you asked and the answers from Lukas in a thread? If so, could you give me the link? I have to have a thread to put it into the Geek List. If the thread does not exist, post it in full here and I will make a thread specifically for the Geeklist.

Thanks

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12262644#12262644 Its here in the infinite loop thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Answer regarding MU costs for Test run and personal workshop.
As expected, programs installed via both cards take up the usual amount of MU.

Quote:
Evgeny,

Thanks for the question. A program installed with Test Run or Personal Workshop does require MU. This is not really addressed in the rules, so it will be clarified in the next FAQ. Hope that helps,

--
Lukas Litzsinger
Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

On Apr 25, 2013, at 7:41 AM, wrote:

> Message from:
> Evgeny Reznikov
>
>
> E-mail:
> ---@gmail.com
>
>
> Rule Question:
> My question is regarding MU costs.
>
> Certain cards (e.g. Test Run and Personal Workshop) say to install a program "ignoring all costs".
> Does this mean that the installed card takes up no MU?
>
> Memory is consistently referred in the rules as a cost, so strict reading of the RAW, would indicate this is so.
> However, this makes no sense (especially in the case of Personal Workshop).
>
> If the answer is "no" - I would most appreciate it if a rules reference would also be provided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump. Major re-organization and clean up.

* Re-ordered the rulings. They are sorted by Rules of Play, Tournament Rules, Card Rules (sub sorted alphabetically) to make it easier to find a specific ruling.
Re-sized the cards (smaller, but still readable) used in the main body of each listing.
* Added Toolbox and Compromised Employees to Net Police listing with annotations to make the difference between +{link} vs. link clearer.
* Added 3 new listings, one tournament, one rules of play, and a new chum ruling via archer and deus X.

I am still catching up and should have all the rest of the rulings I am aware of up by the end of the week. Of course as soon as I do that we should get a new FAQ (not because its scheduled, but because its fate).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Schaener
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this kind of went without saying, but I had it clarified anyway.
(email addresses omitted)

Message from:
Joshua Schaener

Rule Question:
I have a question about prestige in the event that player one and player two have just finished game one of their match as time was called. Player one has won the first game. The corporation player for game two has not yet drawn the mandatory draw. How many prestige points are awarded? Does player one receive four points or does player one receive five points and player two receive one?

Lukas Litzsinger
May 10

Joshua,

Thanks for the question. The player who won the first game would receive 4 prestige, and the other player would get 0 prestige. You do not get any prestige from a game that was not started. Hope that helps,

--
Lukas Litzsinger
Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Last
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked two questions to Lukas, so I'm not sure they are rulings or clarifications. You can go ahead and decided if they should be included.

I asked two questions - first when is the clicks for mandatory upgrades available? And second was a clarification on having multiple copies of unique cards installed.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/968217/mandatory-upgrades-wh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Schaener
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheromones/ Recurring Credits Clarification

Quote:
Rule Question:
My question is about Pheromones.

Runner has pheromones with 3 virus counters and 3 unspent recurring credits at the end of the Runner turn.

The Corporation player purges virus counters for their turn.

Do the unspent recurring credits go away at the beginning of the Runner's turn?

Answer
Josh,

Thanks for the question. Recurring credits are never removed down to their number, only refilled. So the credits would stay. Hope that helps,

--
Lukas Litzsinger
Game Designer
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.