John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG.

There are a few "RTS" tyle coard games out now. You might want to check the geelkists and ask around if something like what you want to build dosent allready exist.

Currently Im playtesting a game with a simmilar idea, except with much more to do.

One recent PNP game that come to mind is Epic Solitaire Notebook Adventures Which has you exploring about and eventually building a base. Or Pocket Civ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayler Robinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thank you for your input, for some reason it didn't even cross my mind to find other's with a similar idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayler Robinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Hmm... neither of your suggestions look much like what i'm wanting to do. Still looking for others though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayler Robinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
What do you think of the mechanics though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L.
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are going to need to find a replacement for the screen idea. It will probably be too fiddly and there is too much chance of knocking stuff around when you pick it up. Everything else sounds fine, but of course you will need to test it to find out. It actually sounds very similar to a game that I was designing and have since shelved, so if you need any ideas feel free to ask.

Good luck and welcome to BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost740 wrote:
Hmm... neither of your suggestions look much like what i'm wanting to do. Still looking for others though

Correct, those have elements but not the whole thing.

My current design has the player/s building a modular base and exploring the area around, and eventually exploring modular ships and fending off enemy attacks on the base. Or even setting out to raid others.

Design bogged down when hit a flaw in the NPC negotiation system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayler Robinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
nitro9090 wrote:
I think you are going to need to find a replacement for the screen idea...It actually sounds very similar to a game that I was designing and have since shelved, so if you need any ideas feel free to ask.

Well with the screen I more meant like a cardboard thing like what keeps your money secret in Shogun and Ikuza, but larger.

Also if you could help us that would be great. I'm not sure that I like some of the mechanics though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike L.
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghost740 wrote:
nitro9090 wrote:
I think you are going to need to find a replacement for the screen idea...It actually sounds very similar to a game that I was designing and have since shelved, so if you need any ideas feel free to ask.

Well with the screen I more meant like a cardboard thing like what keeps your money secret in Shogun and Ikuza, but larger.

Also if you could help us that would be great. I'm not sure that I like some of the mechanics though...

I know what kind of screen you are talking about and they can be a handful. Have you thought about using face down cards instead?

You will have to give me a little more information before I can say anything about mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayler Robinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
nitro9090 wrote:
Ghost740 wrote:
nitro9090 wrote:

I know what kind of screen you are talking about and they can be a handful. Have you thought about using face down cards instead?

You will have to give me a little more information before I can say anything about mechanics.

The issue with the face down cards is that The buildings aren't always going to be symmetrical and that could mess things up a bit.

The whole thing is a very rough idea, i'll update as I get further in making it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tayler Robinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Made a new thread: [WIP] Strategy game, help needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.