Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

None of these demos discuss ship contact during maneuvers. I'm leaping to the conclusion there's no boarding rules or entanglement to date, but what happens if two ships collide? Can you bump someone into the wind?

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

None of these demos discuss ship contact during maneuvers. I'm leaping to the conclusion there's no boarding rules or entanglement to date, but what happens if two ships collide? Can you bump someone into the wind?

S.

I believe it was mentioned somewhere that the one with the larger Burden would move first, and the other would stop when they connected. Don't know what happens if they both have the same Burden, or if there is damage exchanged. But I could easily see each ship takes a number of chits equal to the other's Burden or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
pseudotheist wrote:
Sagrilarus wrote:

S.

I believe it was mentioned somewhere that the one with the larger Burden would move first, and the other would stop when they connected. Don't know what happens if they both have the same Burden, or if there is damage exchanged. But I could easily see each ship takes a number of chits equal to the other's Burden or something.

Yes...I remember seeing that as well...but couldn't seem to find it again
But it could definitely work, ala WoW collision rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There are boarding rules and entanglement rules, but they are Optional, and they were still in draft form when we've sent the game out to reviewers, so they were not included initially.

Last week we've sent out a draft of the Advanced Rules which includes them, but they are subject to change, and some reviewers decided not to use them.

For collisions, you sequence the ship movement - first by Burden, then by Attitude (best attitude goes first if the burden is equal), then random if both burden and attitude are the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah...thanks Roberto! Looking forward to this game thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.