Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Keeping starting wealth tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Red Wraith
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules state that you have to keep your starting wealth tiles in front of you for the whole game. I just don't see any reason to do this. Except if you have the one starting wealth tile which gives you a permanent feeding bonus. IMO, all other starting wealth tiles could be removed from the game table.

So what is the reason for the rule that you have to keep your starting wealth tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red_Wraith wrote:
Except if you have the one starting wealth tile which gives you a permanent feeding bonus.

Exactly this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red_Wraith wrote:
So what is the reason for the rule that you have to keep your starting wealth tiles?

So you can complain about your bad luck in the starting tile draw, after you lose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oxmond
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seghillian wrote:
Red_Wraith wrote:

So you can complain about your bad luck in the starting tile draw, after you lose.

Yes, that is how I use my starting wealth tiles.!
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kouris
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So your opponents can complain about your good luck in your starting draw tiles after you win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyberian wrote:
Red_Wraith wrote:
Except if you have the one starting wealth tile which gives you a permanent feeding bonus.

Exactly this.

I therefore only bother keeping that one, and when introducing people teach them that.

But everyone I've ever played with keeps all buildings, relevant or not. Whether people keep word and corn tiles when irrelevant is, from observation, inconsistent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Wraith
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
I therefore only bother keeping that one, and when introducing people teach them that.

I'll do the same. Thanks for the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sparr Risher
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the game designers recognize that hiding information that can be tracked by players with good memory detracts from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
sparr0 wrote:
Because the game designers recognize that hiding information that can be tracked by players with good memory detracts from the game.

That's perfectly good logic, but in this game there's no utility whatsoever to remembering what each player's starting tiles were, with the one above-noted exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
sparr0 wrote:

That's perfectly good logic, but in this game there's no utility whatsoever to remembering what each player's starting tiles were, with the one above-noted exception.

Particularly as I've never seen anyone play with any hidden information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.