Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Movement

1.1 Can I teleport a creature by itself?
No. As soon as the creature is no longer accompanied by one or more units, it returns to your city if there is a district occupied by a troop of your units, or, if this is not possible, to your reserve.

1.2 If a troop moves and merges with another troop, and the new troop has a creature that adds a movement bonus, can that combined troop use the movement bonus on the same move?
No. From the rules (p. 5): “Furthermore, the player can gather units from spaces on his way, as long as he doesn't exceed the movement capacity.”

2. Battle

2.1 After a battle, who chooses whether to recall troops or not, the winner or the loser?
The loser decides first, since he must decide immediately whether to recall troops or retreat. Once he is finished, the winner decides.

2.2 Does protection, either from the battle card I played or from some other source, protect against the Initiative power tile?
The Initiative power tile is resolved before the fight, and protection is resolved during combat resolution. Initiative is not affected by protection.

2.3 If I have the Defensive Victory power tile, can I earn a victory point if none of my units survive?
No, the victory point (whether on attack, as normal, or with the Defensive Victory tile) is only awarded for winning the battle and having at least one surviving unit.

2.4 If I have Initiative and my opponent plays an Escape DI card, which effect wins?
As no battle occurs (as per the effect of the Escape DI card), Initiative has no effect.

2.5 If I win a fight as the attacker, and at the end of the fight, I have no more units alive, can the defender stay in his territory?
Yes, in this particular case, the defender can choose to either recall or remain in the territory.

3. Red Power Tiles

3.1: Divine Wound: Can I discard a DI card I played along with my card to gain the +1 strength?
No.

4. Blue Power Tiles

4.1: Does the Deep Desert Snake cancel all abilities of an opposing creature in a battle?
Yes, whenever one side of the battle has a Deep Desert Snake present, the battle proceeds as if the other side had no creature at all.

4.2: If I have Prescience, does my opponent have to show me any DI card he played in addition to his battle card?
No. Prescience only lets you see your opponent's battle card.

4.3: If a player has Divine Will and Act of God, can he play both the silver and gold action tokens at the same time, in addition to the standard action?
Yes. In this case, the player will take three actions, one after the other. Reminder: The extra silver token must be played on an empty space on his board.

5. White Power Tiles

5.1: Can I use the Mummy with Vision to look at five cards and keep two?
No. Only select one card from the first five. Additional DI cards gained from other powers are drawn separately.

5.2: What do I do with the four cards not selected when I use Vision?
Place them on top of the deck of DI cards, then shuffle the deck.

5.3: If I have Priest of Ra, can I get a power tile for free?
Yes. Same answer for the Priestess.

5.4: If I am increasing several levels of a pyramid at the same time, and I have Priest of Ra, do I save one prayer point per level?
No. Priest of Ra saves one prayer point per spending action. So for the action of raising a pyramid, you save one prayer point total, regardless of the number of levels you raise at once.

5.5: If I have a slave, can I raise a pyramid from level 0 to level 4 for only six prayer points?
Yes.

6. Divine Intervention Cards

6.1: Can I play a Veto against a DI card used in combat?
No.

6.2: Does the Escape DI card allow me to move into the space the attacker came from?
Yes, as long as the space is empty.

7. Temples

7.1: If I have a single unit on the Delta temple at the end of a turn and I also control another temple, can I take the permanent victory point and then sacrifice the unit to receive five prayer points?
No. Distribution of prayer points comes before the distribution of permanent victory points, so in this case, the player sacrificing his last unit for five prayer points would lose control of the temple. This would cause him to lose both the temporary victory point and the opportunity to claim the permanent victory point.

8. Miscellaneous:

8.1: What is the purpose of the space at the top of the pyramid on my player board?
That space is reserved for the placement of the gold action token by the player who has the blue power tile Divine Will. That token is played each round at the same time as another, standard action token, and allows the player to take an extra movement or recruit action.

8.2: Do I have to perform an action?
When it is your turn, you must place your action token on one of your empty spaces. You do not have to perform the action, but you will lose an action.

8.3: I am missing the permanent victory point token earned for controlling two temples at the end of a day. Is that normal?
We have noticed that these tokens are missing from the game boxes distributed in Essen 2012. They are easily replaced by other tokens if you play with two or four – simply use the tokens for the temples you are not using. If you are playing with three or five players, you can use any other permanent victory point tokens. You may also request a set of the missing tokens by sending an email to contact@matagot.com

8.4: The rules mention that each player gets a reference sheet explaning the various Divine Intervention and power tiles. That is not in my box. Is that normal?
Yes. That is an error in the rules. You may download and print a summary sheet from our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. As soon as the creature is no longer accompanied by one or more units, it returns to your city if there is a district occupied by a troop of your units, or, if this is not possible, to your reserves until the next time you recruit a unit.

Unless there has been an additional rule change on this, the FAQ 1.1 clarification should probably contain the underlined text as per the main rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
No. As soon as the creature is no longer accompanied by one or more units, it returns to your city if there is a district occupied by a troop of your units, or, if this is not possible, to your reserves until the next time you recruit a unit.

Unless there has been an additional rule change on this, the FAQ 1.1 clarification should probably contain the underlined text as per the main rules.

That is absolutely correct ! Thanks a lot for pointing this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matagot_contact wrote:
2.5 If I win a fight as the attacker, and at the end of the fight, I have no more units alive, can the defender stay in his territory?
Yes, in this particular case, the defender doesn’t have to retreat.

Given the designer's reply here, where he says than in such a case the loser will recall or stay, wouldn't it be better to change the answer to:

"Yes, in this particular case, the defender can choose to either recall or remain in the territory."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
matagot_contact wrote:
Yes, in this particular case, the defender doesn’t have to retreat.

Given the designer's reply here, where he says than in such a case the loser will recall or stay, wouldn't it be better to change the answer to:

"Yes, in this particular case, the defender can choose to either recall or remain in the territory."

That's a perfect wording, I've changed the FAQ.

Thanks Sphere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Pascaud
France
Saint Aunes
Herault
flag msg tools
My friends call me "Sly" during games. I can't propose alliances anymore.
badge
My wife and I are offering painting commission services for your miniatures !
mbmbmbmbmb
The french FAQ says :

Q : Must a creature comes into play as soon as possible ?
R : No, it's not an obligation. The player can wait and manage his creature as he wishes.

Can you choose to remove a creature from a troop, and put it back in your reserve ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Manchakowsky
msg tools
matagot_contact wrote:

8.4: The rules mention that each player gets a reference sheet explaning the various Divine Intervention and power tiles. That is not in my box. Is that normal?
Yes. That is an error in the rules. You may download and print a summary sheet from our website.

Does anyone know another place to get the sheet from? I have been unable to access matagot's website for the last couple of weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krastyn wrote:
matagot_contact wrote:

Does anyone know another place to get the sheet from? I have been unable to access matagot's website for the last couple of weeks.

Huh, worked for me. Rehosted here, hope it works for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t46ymmq0znnc6gd/Kemet_CardIndex_EN...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Manchakowsky
msg tools
mdanuser wrote:
Krastyn wrote:
matagot_contact wrote:

Huh, worked for me. Rehosted here, hope it works for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t46ymmq0znnc6gd/Kemet_CardIndex_EN...

Not sure why it wasn't working for me. It still just keeps timing out when I try the site.

Thank you for the repost though. That worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the 3/5 player board, on the west side of the Nile, there is a city and a temple on the edge of the board. Is the temple intended to be 3 spaces away from the city, or just two?

If three, why is this city the only one that has no two-space-away templte?

If two, why is the border so unclear? .

Great game, btw. We're just now plumbing the depths of the non-red-death-machine strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That temple is two spaces away from all the cities on the west side of the Nile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Magno
Argentina
flag msg tools
What if the Attacker loses combat but the opponent loses all his units, can he stay in the place he attacked? or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei S.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Waterd wrote:
What if the Attacker loses combat but the opponent loses all his units, can he stay in the place he attacked? or what?

Nope, he is forced to retreat or recall as normal. (this has come up elsewhere, I believe)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the -1 man about on the temple that is worth 5 prayer point? Looks like the sacrifice option for the sanctuary of all gods, but different...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:
What is the -1 man about on the temple that is worth 5 prayer point? Looks like the sacrifice option for the sanctuary of all gods, but different...

Yes, in order to get the 5 PP, you need to sacrifice one of your soldier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question about Initiative and Crusade interaction:

Initiative and Crusade: Does this mean, assuming at least two enemy players are being attacked, that I automatically will receive 4 prayer points?

My question comes from the fact that Initiative reads "When you are attacking, destroy 2 units from the target troop before the beginning of the battle."

And Crusade reads:

"Gain 2 PP for each unit you destroy in battle."

Do the two Initiative killed units count as "in battle" or are "in battle" and "before the beginning of the battle" mutually exclusive?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the text you are quoting is pretty clear. Initative happens before the battle, therefore Crusade does not apply yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what my gut was telling me. I seem to remember a combo like that mentioned somewhere. Either I misremembered or that person was wrong!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Trammell
United States
Benton
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you teleport a troop in move action without using any of your movement capacity and then move with an entirely different troop? (teleporting or otherwise?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sethy295 wrote:
Can you teleport a troop in move action without using any of your movement capacity and then move with an entirely different troop? (teleporting or otherwise?)

No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I thought it was said that you could do this.
Been a while since I read up on it, maybe it is just for the troop you already teleported.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wyphy wrote:
maybe it is just for the troop you already teleported.

Yes, in that case, you can. So you could teleport one troop and move it afterwards, but you can't teleport one troop and move another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geovanni F.
msg tools
mb
Can I have more than 11 prayer points, or is it limmited to the spaces on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponco wrote:
Can I have more than 11 prayer points, or is it limmited to the spaces on the board?

It is limited, of course !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played Kemet for the first time tonight.

We also had questions, which I could not find here.

If a player with Initiative attacks a troop with just 2 figures, does the battle still take place (i.e. the defender then just adds 0 for figures, plus card, plus bonuses)?

If so... What if there is a creature with the defending troop. Does it stay around for the rest of the battle?

(We played it, that no battle takes place at all.)

Next... if I have a troop of 3 with a creature and a troop of 2 with a creature sitting in adjacent spaces, can I move one troop into the space of the other?

If so... can I choose to return any one of the (now) two creatures in the space?

Bye
Thanee

P.S.
matagot_contact wrote:

Do you have the german PDF for download as well?

Bye
Thanee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.