Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Bowden
Australia
Fountaindale
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the fortune to catch Diego Brunuel's "Don't Tell My Mother...I'm in Colombia" recently on tv. He's a French journalist who travels to dangerous countries around the world.

It was really interesting to watch him report from various locations across Colombia - the names of which I recognized from the game.

It was also sobering to be reminded of the real cost behind the actions depicted in the game: from the damage done by the use of defoliants deployed to kill coca, to the business selling bullet proof suits and shirts for businessmen fearing kidnap, to the risks of traveling on the roads, which are shut to traffic at night to try to control insurgent movement.

It reminded me how much I value this game for allowing me to learn about this conflict in such detail - I would never have known so much without it.

If you are a fan of this game, and get a chance to see this documentary, I would highly recommend doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrit Hellfaier
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Timothy
thank for your indication.
I visited Colombia in 2010 as backpacker and enjoyed it so much! Great country! Great people! Wonderful 3 weeks traveling per bus from Bogota to the northeast, than turning south to Neiva, Pereira, Salento and with the plane north again to Santa Marta and Cartagena. I can highly recommend this country for a trip.
During our stay Mono Jojoy was killed by a attack of governmental troops - blue cubes ;-) Now he has is own card in this great game.
I will try to find the documentary in the net.
Gerrit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.