Subject: Thief 's skill and some thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Mantziaris
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am the OL playing against 4 heroes, Syndrael as Knight, Avric as Disciple, Tomble as Thief and Tarha as Necromancer. So we were playing The Monster's Hoard the other day. The heroes won encounter 1 and they were able to use the portals but thank god I managed to make a nice hand of 16 cards for encounter 2.

Everything was going according to plan and I was 1 turn away from getting Scorpion's Kiss. Tumble was carrying the token and then he started moving, played on him
and he passed the test (...). And then he used
and pretty much walked through the entire map using the portals my monsters were standing on walking out through the exit.

So can he use this skill to just use the teleport? I agreed he could do this since I could not find any reasonable argument to contest it.

I must also say that these 4 classes make an excellent combo. The thief with his abillity to search pretty much most of the search tokens providing the group with potions, items and gold, the necromancer that annoyed me to no end with his familiar rolling 3 dices during act 1(I suppose I will hate him more now with Army of Death).

But really the most overpowered class should be the disciple. Giving out yellow dice, removing conditions and healing up to 3 damage on 2 heroes for the cost of 1 fatigue and NO ACTION. This is beyong ridiculous and totally eclipses spiritspeaker as a viable option.

As for the knight I am partly to be blamed. We bought LOTW and decided to incorporate it into the campaign just before prelude. So I thought we should play the new rumor quest to test it ( yes I knew that it's a mistake to play these quests at the end of act 1 since heroes are favored ). So they won the quest and got Aurium mail or whatever it's called and now he just spends his time using defend 4 times per round with 1 black, 1 gray, 1 brown.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Williams
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
gondolin1989 wrote:

So can he use this skill to just use the teleport? I agreed he could do this since I could not find any reasonable argument to contest it.

Yes. Normally a figure cannot move through enemy figures. This skill removes that restriction, but otherwise movement continues to function as normal. If using this skill gets him onto a teleporter, then he can teleport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Tumble is one of the most useful Thief skills, and it can lead to an easy Hero victory in some quests.

And yes, the Disciple with Prayer of Healing + Cleansing Touch + Armor of Faith + Divine Fury + Holy Power is extremely powerful. Others on these forums agree; there's pretty much no reason to choose the Spiritspeaker over the Disciple, unless you just want to try something new or you want a greater challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How exactly was he sashaying through the map if he was immobilized?

The only special about the teleportation glyph is that they're considered adjacent for movement. He still had to use a movement type, either through a move action, spending fatigue, or some other ability to move from space to space to space. Immobilization cuts out move actions and spending fatigue, so what other ability was he using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
firedale2002 wrote:
How exactly was he sashaying through the map if he was immobilized?

In between the card images it says "he passed the test", no mean feat given Might isn't a Thief's go-to attribute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, yep, I didn't even see that, it's well hidden between those pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.