3 Posts

Pandánte» Forums » General

Subject: Soo any news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on when this should be coming out? It looks interesting witht he special powers and what not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
It will be playable at Fantasy Strike Expo in June, in San Francisco. (www.fantasystrike.com/fsx)

After that, it will probably be a good time for me to write a couple articles about it, make product shots and all the other work that goes along with preparing to launch a game after the development is done. I'm not sure when that puts the release date, but still in 2013. You'll start to see and hear a lot more about it in a couple months, I hope.

Also yeah, having a few special abilities is pretty fun, as is lying about which ones you actually have. Because of the lying stuff works, it makes way, way more hands playable than would be in poker, so you don't have to fold all the time. That's my favorite part I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason John
United States
Whitinsville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Texas Hold Em meets Coup. Very interested. Lots of ways to mess it up, though. I'm particularly interested on the penalty for being called on a ability bluff. A large penalty would force players to reserve said bluffs for big hands, which would reward large betting/risk, (and, if it's too large, would encourage "push or fold" recklessness.) A small penalty would allow more early bluffs, and would encourage players to fight over smaller pots, and rewarding play styles focused on slowly (but safely) building a stack. (However, if it's too small, excessive bluffing would result in a "Texas CheatEm" style of play, resulting in uncontrollable carnage.)

I'm sure you guys have talked about this constantly, and I'm very excited to see how this turns out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.