Subject: SDE Heroes Alternative Colour Schemes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul C
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a possible: Royal Paladin = Arthur from Ghouls and Ghosts. Silver/gold armour with a red cloak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the Ember Mage as a Black Mage, White Mage, or Red Mage from Final Fantasy. Black Mage would be the easiest as the other two may need a little converting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
I've always felt the Hexcast Sorceress looked quite similar to Rosa from Final Fantasy 4:

I would agree Adam on the Ember Mage...she's generic enough you could convincingly do just about any "Mage" from the FF series, especially a White or Black Mage. I actually painted one up in a Time Mage color scheme a while back:

Also, for the Paladin, I always intended to paint one up like this, but sadly, don't think it will ever happen:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not computer games inspired but I did my Druid/Bear like Sully from Monsters Inc. You can see some pictures here.

Also, I love the Golden Axe Dwarf, that's awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've stuck to official colors for most, though I did do some alternate colors. Of course I had to paint the Deeproot Scout like Link and the Star Guild Sapper like Mario. I've started work on painting the Sister of Light like Bridget from Guilty Gear. I'm undecided on which Belmont I should paint Von Wilding like, Simon, Trevor, or Richter. XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Kumohara
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My painting skills are nowhere near as good as yours but I did the Barb like Tyris Flare, Glimmerdusk Ranger like Bridget from Guilty Gear, Fire Mage like FF's classic White Mage, Star Guild Sapper like Super Mario, Deeproot Scout like Wind Waker/Toon Link (wasn't painted at the time of this photo), and Succubus Vandella like Morrigan.

I also recently based & primed the Rock Top Gang with a color scheme based on the Koopa Troop (Red, Green, & Blue shells).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Kumohara
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eternaldream wrote:
I'm undecided on which Belmont I should paint Von Wilding like, Simon, Trevor, or Richter. XD

I'm going to do Von Wilding up like Trevor and paint his alt form like Jon Talbain.

I plan on doing Von Drakk up like "Kid Dracula".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn boy, you can paint! I don't think I've ever seen a better job on any mini. I'd like to see what you could do with Space Hulk...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very well painted. I'm not too keen on the dark skintone though, too little contrast with the rest of the figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Jensen
msg tools
Styfen wrote:
Meaningless points for correctly guessing the (modern) video game influence!

Warcraft III?

It might be a stretch, but maybe the rogue could be turned into a dark mistress from Dungeon Keeper?

The barbarian is somewhat based on Red Sonja I guess. Not that that really offers an alternative scheme.

This is hard! The obvious ones are already taken! I have this feeling that while some characters are based on existing characters, some are just generic run of the mill D&D heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Kumohara
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Got my hands on two Succubus Vandellas (Succubi?). Painted one up already like Morrigan. About to start the second one as Lilith.

WIP Werewolf inspired by Darkstalkers' Jon Talbain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foxx Block
msg tools
mb
That's an awesome idea for the werewolf, going to have to try that myself.

I went with a red paladin with blond hair and gold trim as well as a blue dwarf fighter. I figure it's in the spirit of the game to go for either videogame references or something outlandish. For that reason I went with a bright blue Rex miniboss, going to do the other one in fluorescent green.

Edit: almost forgot, for a bit of fun I run SDE at the office over lunch pretty regularly and alternate painting the heroes and the monsters. If one hero or monster does particularly well I give the players their choice of color to paint it (or them if it's a group) in. So for instance I crushed the heroes with Starfire so I picked red, the heroes won with the Dwarf so the controlling player picked blue, etc. Keeps people interested to see the game become "ours" over time as they color the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the colour I'm painting my second Rex! My kobolds are all blue or purple. Here is my Rex:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Turpin
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Karoshi wrote:

Got my hands on two Succubus Vandellas (Succubi?). Painted one up already like Morrigan. About to start the second one as Lilith.

WIP Werewolf inspired by Darkstalkers' Jon Talbain.

Man, these make me happy!
I love Darkstalkers.

Great job.

G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Purple is win!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Turpin
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Karoshi wrote:
eternaldream wrote:
I'm undecided on which Belmont I should paint Von Wilding like, Simon, Trevor, or Richter. XD

I'm going to do Von Wilding up like Trevor and paint his alt form like Jon Talbain.

I plan on doing Von Drakk up like "Kid Dracula".

That would be great!

G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Jensen
msg tools
While not old school to say the least, Dragon's Crown could be very fitting:

Amazon/Barbarian - painting those tattoos on a chibi mini would prove a worthy challenge!

Sorceress/Ember Mage - She even has the same staff!!!

Elf/Glimmerdusk

And as a special bonus! A chibi version of the Elf:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Davis
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flarfy wrote:

THAT is some SERIOUS leg muscule-age!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, she suffers from peanut head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Jensen
msg tools
She is Thrud's sister laugh

Regardless I for one think Dragon's Crown looks stunningly beautiful.
The style of the characters is strange but cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bergman
United States
California
flag msg tools
I have yet to do anything even RESEMBLING a standard paint scheme from the book - my favorite so far is Princess Garnet, the goth younger sister of Princess Ruby.

I tried to make her a little tsundere, and think I succeeded.

When I took these pictures I noticed she was overly shiny, so I went and did a matte coat on her - then I got caught up in painting Von Drakk, repainting the Dragon Quest slimes I made a long time ago, and I'm holding off taking pictures til my sister finishes redoing the Blaze Beetle and Hounds and can take pictures of ALL THE MINIS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Necro be nimble alafasy grosso!

I'd love to check out any additional paint schemes folks have cooked up since this thread passed away!

With the advent of the kickstarter campaign, I scooped up a semi-fresh copy of the base game from a friend and have started slogging through what models were left unpainted.

I'm currently putting finishing touches on the drake models; did them each individually as a different metallic color.
Whelps: copper and silver
Hatchlings: green + orange, purple + blue
Fliers (can't remember their name): gold and pink

Planning to do the paladin with a color scheme similar to 4th season Brienne of Toth ~ dark, dark blue/green armor with a dark red cape.

Grabbed an extra barbarian to apply a Goth/Sandman's Death color scheme to. Got my inspiration from the Exalted rpg character, Maiden of the Mirthless Smile, and am hoping to mod the figure with some kind of daiklaive looking weapon instead of the axe.

Anyway, I hope to have some pics up soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.