Popular Tags: [View All]
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes he can. The two circles are linked directly with no circles in between.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To me it is clear that the path from 46 to 47 doesn't pass through that square, so Jack can pass, whether or not there is a policeman there. It is what is actually printed on the map that matters, rather than the fact that an oversize wooden piece may be covering something up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hot hands wrote:
One thing that really irks me when using this 'covering up' rule, is that a policeman standing just above 47 can see straight around the corner, and can make a call on 46. It just seems to be a little game breaking.

The same goes for standing left of location 139. Using your interpretation, You can make an arrest on 164, yet you cannot on 138.

Very odd situations.

They're not odd situations. You just have to pay attention to the board and realize that not all the intersections are "crossings" is all. There are lots of places on the map where dotted lines come together that don't meet at a crossing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer6 wrote:
hot hands wrote:
One thing that really irks me when using this 'covering up' rule, is that a policeman standing just above 47 can see straight around the corner, and can make a call on 46. It just seems to be a little game breaking.

The same goes for standing left of location 139. Using your interpretation, You can make an arrest on 164, yet you cannot on 138.

Very odd situations.

They're not odd situations. You just have to pay attention to the board and realize that not all the intersections are "crossings" is all. There are lots of places on the map where dotted lines come together that don't meet at a crossing.

These locations seem to be the ones that are infrequently questioned, and confuse:

At the end of the day, decide on one method which suits your group. Neither will break the game.

Personally I play where all the offset squares aren't connected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Are there any insiders here that can report that those five spots mentioned by Mr. Robinson remain in the upcoming printing?

I've yet to play the game (come on, FFG!) - but those spots do indeed look confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoonsGhost wrote:

Are there any insiders here that can report that those five spots mentioned by Mr. Robinson remain in the upcoming printing?

I've yet to play the game (come on, FFG!) - but those spots do indeed look confusing.

Here's the official answer...

Offset crossings:
Some players have asked us if some offset crossings pass through specific dotted lines or not, and whether Jack can pass along these lines, even though the crossing is occupied by a Police patrol.

The “out of line” crossings are never considered to be along the path.

In the three images below there are some examples of offset crossings, marked with a red X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P E C
msg tools
example 30-50
If police placed on red X.
Can I(=Jack) move 30 → 50?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agf21980 wrote:
example 30-50
If police placed on red X.
Can I(=Jack) move 30 → 50?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All these once questionable movement areas are valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.