Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Video request: Quest deck and how it gives guidelines for dungeon building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know already that the quests drawn from the quest card piles give us guidelines how to setup the tiles. It seems there's quite a lot of variety and freedom involved, which is great (but also a bit scary).

I'd LOVE to see a video where you go through the quest deck in a way that you assume the drawn/chosen tiles completed (or failed as it seems that is also an option). So no actual gameplay, just the quest flow. That would give us an idea how the quest cards direct the game flow.

This would also give you a chance to showcase what extra the optional purchase quest deck would bring AND why it is a good idea to buy the extra dungeon tiles.

Thanks and keep up the great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
I'd also like more info on Quests. We've got 3 official types:

Story - "tie 3 game sessions together...tie the acts together"..."Gives the heroes a purpose from the very beginning to the very end of the game session"

Act - "tie individual game sessions together through the tiles"

Chapter - "gives the heroes something to accomplish in a given tile"

"You will draw a story and act quest at the beginning of the game, and an act quest at the beginning of every act." It doesn't specify when you would draw a Chapter quest, I don' think (sort of implied on a specific tile...but under what conditions?)

Brian then goes on to mention "Chain Quests", which aren't Story Quests, but smaller objectives that lead to further related objectives.

------

So, with that information...I get that Stories are the largest type of quest...but is a Story a self-contained set of events, or is there any significant link between the stories? Do they all make up an over-arching larger story....or are they simply a series of unrelated events that you play through?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:
We know already that the quests drawn from the quest card piles give us guidelines how to setup the tiles. It seems there's quite a lot of variety and freedom involved, which is great (but also a bit scary).

I'd LOVE to see a video where you go through the quest deck in a way that you assume the drawn/chosen tiles completed (or failed as it seems that is also an option). So no actual gameplay, just the quest flow. That would give us an idea how the quest cards direct the game flow.

This would also give you a chance to showcase what extra the optional purchase quest deck would bring AND why it is a good idea to buy the extra dungeon tiles.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

I will try to fit this in. I know we are doing a boss fight video. It might be closer to the end. I doubt we can get it in next week, but we'll try.

We have Adepticon next week Thursday-Sunday. This will eat a lot of video potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:
I will try to fit this in. I know we are doing a boss fight video. It might be closer to the end. I doubt we can get it in next week, but we'll try.

We have Adepticon next week Thursday-Sunday. This will eat a lot of video potential.

Again a swift reply, cheers! I understand you're hard pressed to do everything that everyone suggests. Then again I think there's quite a lot of fence sitters that might be pulled in by showing a glimpse of the "what goes on behind the scenes between the fights".

If MERCS guys are busy, maybe someone going to Adepticon could take their camera with them and record/edit this for us (me!) over there. I'd do it, but it's a bit far away from Helsinki...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:
I'd do it, but it's a bit far away from Helsinki...

And here we thought you were a dedicated fan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaru Rainn
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you (MERC guys) can't make a video, a small update talking more about it would be fine. I also remember there being a hero progression motif going on where you can advance your hero between acts. Am I making something up or did someone else remember this too? If I'm not just making things off the top of my mind, can you elaborate on that more too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
@Jaru: They did say there was something akin to leveling up in this game...but they haven't really detailed it yet. One of the hints was that you could modify your Hero Deck as part of the leveling process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Oliver
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:

Ouch that's going to hurt in terms of kickstarter activity in the final days. Hope you guys will be able to continue giving answers and engaging it's been really helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.