Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Borgelin
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game of Hannibal yesterday and the Roman invaded Africa early on in the game. He did not have control of any of the provinces in Africa. Cathage still had a full compliment of PCS in all Provinces therefore all were under the control of Carthage. Am I correct in beleiving that as the Carthaginian player I could call upon the following Allies/BC's

Western Numidia 2
Eastern Numidia 2
Cathaginia 1
Carthage 1

Ie a total of 6 BC cards for allies?

Anyone care to clarify...thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct. In this case, for any battle in Africa, Carthage would receive all 6 allies/BCs.

Side note (for your Roman opponent): it is generally quite hazardous to attack or even move far into enemy occupied territory if you end up in a place where you are not near any of your own PCs. If you do so and lose a battle, there will be nowhere near for you to retreat to. If a Roman expeditionary force finds itself in this situation in Africa, when defeated, the entire expeditionary army would be eliminated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Borgelin
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification Richard. We had differing views on the card count based on my past plays where I just gave the extra 2 BC's because the battle was in Numidia, verses my friends idea that 4 BC's should have been drawn, to this final position where we believed it was in fact 6 BC's that should be drawn; which is in fact what we did!

Regarding the outcome of such hasty Roman action you are of course spot on. A.Paulus enters Western Numidia, promptly marches into the interior only to face an almost instantaneous response from Hasdrubal who sailed with a minimal force in CU's terms but a large B/C draw. Won the battle and A.Paulus had nowhere to go... fatal; one dead Consul and a 10 CU army buried in the sand!

Thanks again for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.