Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Cooper
United States
Dryden
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a quick question about the CotEKs expansion. There is nothing in the rules about if a hero can steal a vassal if he wins in PvP combat, but, the Knave vassals all say that they may be taken, unlike other Vassals. What's the ruling on this, are other Vassals untakeable, or is it just another misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Wraith
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan (MI)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. That's accurate. The Vassals cannot be taken unless they're Knaves, just like it says.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question upon playing this expansion for the first time, and came to the same conclusion.

BUT - the wording of that bit on the cards ("unlike other Vassals") did make me question whether eg. the Dragon Runes in the base game can actually be stolen from other players (as I had previously assumed this was possible given that the original rules allow taking of an adventure card from a KO'd opponent).

I figure it must be a rules omission in the CotEK expansion, where it should have stated that Vassals may not be taken from other Heroes unless stated otherwise on the card...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.