Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about a couple of points in the gameplay example given in the rules. Firstly the following is stated during setup :

The Soviets have locked down Poland and East Germany. They’ve put 1 Influence in Yugoslavia to threaten Italy and Greece. That 1 IP is always a risk, as it can be flipped by Independent Reds.

What does the comment about flipped by IR mean ? As I understand it, IR would only add US influence to Yugoslavia equal to USSR influence. What does "flipped" mean here ?

http://twilightstrategy.com/2012/03/13/independent-reds/

Also in the next paragraph :

Stefan is attempting to deprive the Soviets of any obvious first coup locations by using the bid IPs to strengthen Iran.

Doesn't placing IPS in Iran actually give the USSR a target ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That might be a typo, as IR only add inf to match USSR inf in one of the named countries.

And in the example of the game, I think USA had like +5IP so the point of strengthening Iran is lowering the chance of USSR wiping out USA inf from there.

USA doesn't care too much about keeping Iran as much as it cares about reaching west Asia (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamehearted wrote:
Doesn't placing IPS in Iran actually give the USSR a target ?

No. The target is already there, since the US starts with one. By placing additional influence, he's making it less likely that the USSR can wipe him out of Iran.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.